Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming for broken laptop

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

I bought a laptop on my Visa card about a year and a half - 2 years ago. It was working fine but I dropped it and its a gonner. Is it possible to claim off my Visa or my house insurance? I have a laptop/pc listed on the house insurance (Quinn) but I am not sure if that is just for theft.
    Any advice will be must appreciated :D

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'd need to check your insurance policy document to see if you are covered for accidental damage to your contents. Was the laptop in the house when you broke it, or had you brought it somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Well visa would definitely have nothing to do with this. You recieved the item in perfect working order and had it for over a year.

You would need to look at your home insurance policy to see if accidental cover is applied to contents and what restrictions there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

New Quinn Home Insurance policies include accidental damage, as do 90% of policies. I'd be almost positive it's covered.

If it's not, you have terrible home insurance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Thanks guys. I just wanted to know where I stood. I kind of need a working laptop but can't afford to replace it.

As for Visa, I was told to enquire but I honestly didn't think it was an option that would work out, I will contact Quinn next week after the holidays.
    Thanks again for the advice :D

Advertisement