Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use a straight bar in a piercing originally pierced with a curved one?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey Guys, Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to put a straight bar into a snug piercing that was pierced originally with a curved barbell..??

Ive had it done 2 months, and want to change the jewellry as the curved one's too long.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wait till it is well healed before even attempting anything like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

This doesnt answer your question at all- sorry!- but was it really as painful as they say it is? and how is it healing?

I will say though that if you change the bar this soon you may compromise the healing process, and you really dont wanna do that if you're lucky enough for it to be healing well! especially from a curved bar to a straight one cause the curved ones help the healing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Should be fine, but do wait until its fully healed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Could you not get a smaller curved bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fearata

I wouldn't recommend it, it could upset the way the piercing has healed. I had my anti-tragus pierced, it was fully healed and I lost the bar, I bought a new one which was a different angle, when I put it in, the piercing got really aggrevated, I had to take it out and leave it heal up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement