Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM issues

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Ok well basically i have 6gb of ram installed on my pc. running win7 64. had been working perfectly up till bout the last 2 wks that its only starting to notice 4gb of ram. Same in the bios on start up. all 3 DIMMs are installed and have tried changing the places of all DIMMs but still only 4gb.

I would presume that one of the DIMMs have died on me and need replacing. however i was just wondering is there any programs out for checking this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

tazzzZ wrote: »
    i was just wondering is there any programs out for checking this?

Memtest 86 or Memtest 86+

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

both just see it as 4gb. doesnt even notice the other DIMM is there. no errors or anythin. must have a dead DIMM or a faulty socket.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Try switching the modules around and see if its the same socket all the time :)

Advertisement