Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price for painting a house

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently had a house built which is 5 bedroom bungalow 2200 square foot
    everything is finishened up to painting! I have no idea how much a painter will charge for the whole house to be painted? has anybody had similar work done or have any idea how much a painter will charge ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

I got quotes for:

€4400 including all paint (internal includes all woodwork)
    €2000 excluding paint for external

or

€3200 excluding all paint internal
    €1200 excluding all paint external.

The house is a 2 story around 3000 sq foot being painted, will be getting a few more quotes.

From a material point of view

External: €500 Weather Shield
    Internal : €800 Colour Trend or €450 Dulux

Hope it helps. I know it's going to sound odd but when you are paying someone at least €3200 to paint your house make sure what he is painting with is of a high quality. You could pick up some cheap buckets and have him lash them up there, but you'll be back doing them again sooner than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

We have a Lithuanian guy painting our skirting/architrave and some walls at a cost of €80 per day.

We also had two quotes of €2k for our stairs. We want to paint the ash stairs off-white and then varnish the walnut steps and handrail. It is a big job and a job we want done right.

Advertisement