Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To those awaiting DCU interviews:

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

I recieved an email from them yesterday telling me I've been shortlisted, which makes me very very happy:D But i'm hoping many of you who applied have heard something back too:)

Seems that the interviews will be held mid-late April, mine's on 21st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I recieved an email from them yesterday telling me I've been shortlisted, which makes me very very happy:D But i'm hoping many of you who applied have heard something back too:)

Seems that the interviews will be held mid-late April, mine's on 21st.

What course was the interview for ?

I have heard nothing as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

redout wrote: »
    What course was the interview for ?

I have heard nothing as yet.
    PM sent

It was DC223, Athletic Training and Therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I heard yesterday, interview on 20th April for Contemporary Culture and Society.

I've also applied for another two courses in DCU, so am waiting to hear about those, fingers crossed.

Well done to all who've heard and best of luck, also best of luck to those who haven't heard yet, I'm sure you will.

Oh got one from Carlow IT today too for Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy, looks like its a busy easter time for the 3rd level colleges sending out all those letters & emails :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Was just talking to my friend back home and he mentioned getting an interview for International Relationships or something for the end of April. Nearly sure he said it was an email he receieved. Anyways just thought i'd update here for those still waiting.

• Advertisement

Was just talking to my friend back home and he mentioned getting an interview for International Relationships or something for the end of April. Nearly sure he said it was an email he receieved. Anyways just thought i'd update here for those still waiting.

Aye, I got an email myself. Seems to be the norm now as opposed to letters. Last week and this one DCU seem to be informing people of interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Capricorn1

Hi, I got an email two days ago from DCU saying I was short listed for interview for the Psychology course (20th April). I'm not sure if this applies to all courses or just Psychology, but, they want us to complete a 30 minute written assessment before the interview.

Also if there is anyone reading this that attended an interview last year in DCU, some tips would be great. Thanks.

Capricorn1 wrote: »
    Hi, I got an email two days ago from DCU saying I was short listed for interview for the Psychology course (20th April). I'm not sure if this applies to all courses or just Psychology, but, they want us to complete a 30 minute written assessment before the interview.

Also if there is anyone reading this that attended an interview last year in DCU, some tips would be great. Thanks.

I think that is for psychology only as the course I have applied for and courses I know others have applied for and received interviews did not have a written assessment.

Anyone who done the interview yesterday/today can you tell us how it went and what you were asked ?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

i had my interview on the 19th, applied to do biomedical engineering.
    went well,just seem to be a formality really.very laid back and casual, they also congratulated me on getting my place although officially they couldn't say it!
    they asked the predictable stuff like;
    -why did you choose dcu?
    -did you look at other colleges?
    -why do you want to do his course?
    -how will you support yourself?
    and so, and so on.
    i wonder if all the interviews were similar??

• Advertisement

Sent you that reply earlier redout, but for posterity:

Went pretty well I thought, they asked about why I chose the course (Athletic Therapy & Training) what I'm doing now and how it brought me to DCU (studying Sports Therapy it's a similar course but only dip. standard).

Asked:

what I'd like to do in future if I was a graduate after 4 years

if I could explain some stuff about my current course

some other stuff and had some general chit chat.

There were only 8 interviews given for my potential course, I know one other as he's in my class now and met the two people due in after me...only 2 of us will get a place:eek:

I received an official letter of acceptance this morning.

Already advised of a place just after the interview but this is the official confirmation.

Just says to make sure you accept the offer from the CAO on 6th July.

Everyone else should be getting letters around now I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well done Redout! Congratulations.

Aye Congrats redout good to hear it:)

Got a letter myself, but they didnt offer a place sadly...ah well it was worth a shot eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

got mine today also!
    biomedical engineering all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

fcleere wrote: »
    got mine today also!

Brilliant! Well done. :)

Aye Congrats redout good to hear it:)

Got a letter myself, but they didnt offer a place sadly...ah well it was worth a shot eh!

That is unfortunate but chin up man. I am sure you will get an offer from Carlow IT ;)

fcleere wrote: »
    got mine today also!
    Congratulations to you too :D
    redout wrote: »
    That is unfortunate but chin up man. I am sure you will get an offer from Carlow IT ;)
    I'm quite sure I will, can feel it in my bones :)

Cheers!

Advertisement