Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email when someone quotes your post?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I think it would be a great idea if i could get emails only if someone quotes my post, so i can see what they say in response to my point. Instead of getting emails for every response in the thread.

I understand that it could be technically difficult to do, but if its possible i think it would be a good idea! Beats searching through 20 pages to see has anyone quoted you.

What do you think?

Could it be possible?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, it's technically a bit painful because the system doesn't specifically flag your post as having been quoted elsewhere.

But is another option:

Do a search for your username within the text of posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

seamus wrote: »
    Yes, it's technically a bit painful because the system doesn't specifically flag your post as having been quoted elsewhere.

But is another option:

Do a search for your username within the text of posts

Thanks i'll do that... I understand it would be very difficult to do!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My favourite feature on another forum is when you get quoted a notification like notifications here is sent to you. It's cool to log in and see x people replied to you and simply click to go and look at them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just use Ameridar: It lets me know when people are discussing the yanks.

You dont have to install it: if youre a yank, you just Have it.

Advertisement