Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

130 to Kilcullen?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Evening folks

I am looking to get to Berney Bros on Main Street in Kilcullen from Dublin. Will the 130 drop me nearby?

I am not familiar with the area.

Any suggestion of better routes greatly appreciated.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1250602070-130.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

The 130 drops you off outside the the petrol station in Kilcullen. The return bus stop is on the opposite side of the road. There are also JJ Kavanaghs and other Bus Eireann routes, but all stop there.

Walk straight through the traffic lights, down the hill and over the bridge, Berneys are on the right hand side. Its a 2min walk there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yep the 130 stops at both ends of the town. But it's about the same distance of a walk either way.

The 007 also stops at the top of the town. Be careful if you're leaving from Dublin city centre as the 130 leaves from Georges Quay, or at least it did the last time I got it. I'm sure you can check that on their website.

While you are in our lovey neck of the woods, can I suggest you treat yourself to lunch in Bardons pub. When you come out of Berney Bros, turn right back towards the top of the town, cross the bridge and just at the other side of the bridge, on the right hand side (as in across the road) you will see a red building called bardons. Cosy and they do great food on a weekday.

Advertisement