Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Harvey No!!

Options
  • 31-03-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop from Harvey Norman (HN) in August 2009. I also purchased a 3yr extended warranty from HN on the same date.

Recently my laptop charger stopped working so I called HN to inquire about getting it replaced under warranty. According to the representative on the phone (and his manager at the Limerick store) my laptop charger would not be covered under Toshiba manufacturer warranty nor would it be covered under HN extended warranty. Instead, he offered to sell me a generic adapter for €80 discounted to €60 since I purchased the laptop from HN in the first place.

Needless to say, I was disappointed with this response so I decided to phone Toshiba directly. I was informed that my charger was indeed covered and, after answering a few basic questions about the nature of the problem, I was told a new charger would be sent out in the post within 3 working days.

I tried calling back HN to explain the situation and to ask why they might be misinforming customers about what their warranty covers. I was left on hold until the line went dead.

While I was less than impressed with Harvey Normans response, I have to say I'm very impressed with the speed and professionalism with which Toshiba dealt with the problem.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement