Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cod4 minimum sys requirements fix

• 31-03-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

hi all

I'm using my old laptop (HP pavilion zv5169ea) from years back after selling my PC to raise some cash. I want to install COD4 but my laptop gfx card doesn't have enough memory so it doesn't install. Does anyone know a fix for this, before i try and put it out of my head?

gfx card: nvidia geforce 440 Go 64mb
    processor: athlon 64 3000+
    RAM: 512mb

here's my results from "can you run it?" (http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx). apart from the video card, everything else meets the minimum requirements...

Video Card
    Minimum:
    128MB 3d Hardware Accelerated card required-100% DirectX 9.0c compatible and latest drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 6600+ / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro+)

You Have:
    GeForce4 440 Go 64M. Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement.

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    red_x_small.gif
    Video RAM 128 MB Required. You Have 64.0 MB.
    green_checkmark_small.gif
    3D Required Yes. You Have Yes.
    green_checkmark_small.gif
    Hardware T&L Required Yes. You Have Yes.
    red_x_small.gif
    Pixel Shader version Required 2.0. You Have 0.0.
    red_x_small.gif
    Vertex Shader version Required 2.0. You Have 0.0.

Thanks to anyone who can help me and even those who cant! smile.gif

p.s. i posted this in the COD4 thread but someone there said i should post here instead. sorry if this somehow annoys someone.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need a new a laptop. Video cards in laptops are almost never upgradeable. Alternately you could try using 3dAnalyzer to emulate the video card capabilities on your processor, but that's probably impractical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

You may be able to increase the RAM dedicated to the GFX from the bios, but you don't have a lot to spare in 512mb.

Beyond that all you can do is install the game & turn all the settings down - see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

unfortunately my BIOS is very limited with no such setting. if i could install the game it would be fine (as i have a config which has uses just the most basic gfx settings) but it wont install for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No. Your gfx card is incapable of running some of the basic graphics components of the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

1. A lack of memory wouldnt result in the game aborting the install, you might be out of hard drive space.

2. COD4 wont play on that at all. Only games that dont require Pixel Shader will play on it. I believe 2005 was around the time when Pixel Shader became a requirement. Any games from that year back will be playable on low settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

i think i used to play on the cod4 servers with you cherryghost. i was iE/tomas.

Advertisement