Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the story with credits?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

lads im just wondering what exactly credits do to your average grade. in my case i am going out on work placement in 2 weeks which is worth 15 credits. all my other modules up to this were 5 credits. so for my average i was used to e.g. if i got 70% in 1 module 60% in another and 50% in another my average for my modules that were worth 5 credits would leave me with a 60% for those modules. So basically i want to know what difference a module worth 15 credits does to the overall average. i hope that makes some sort of sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

heres a bit from the CIT website
    Credits
    Credits are awarded to learners who successfully complete the assessments in a module. A module will normally carry 5 credits. Each Semester is worth 30 credits and a full-time year of study is worth 60 credits. This is in line with an international system called the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).

Linky

Advertisement