Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Review

Options
  • 31-03-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

It's coming around to the annual pay review time and im fairly sure the company will continue its pay freeze. So instead I thought I would try and negotiate on the amount of annual holiday.

Im interested in hearing from devs how many days holiday you have and how they were supplied (i.e all employees get the same holiday or holiday is based on service / position etc) ?

Me: 20 days and all employees get this regardless of position or service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

We start with 20 days and get an extra day per year of service, up to a max of 25.

Other things to consider while at the negotiating table are

- requesting training courses eg. project management
    - were your career is heading, eg. team leading, architecture etc
    - the sorts of projects you'd like to work on rather than being handed stuff
    - flexitime
    - working from home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks CreepingDeath, some good ideas to work with there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Ask for a 4 day week, or even a half day on a Friday. All they can do is say no.

Other than that, get some kind of training/CPD allowance out of them.

Advertisement