Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craggy Island BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well, When I did talk a few of you lot were like OH is that Wonda on TS.....

Hmmm, all that anger all that R4GE. Why so....name your cliche...mother held you too much or daddy not enough.....!!!!!

I think it would be better for you to channel that into your thumbs so your reflexes get more cat like......:D

Okay, I admit it I am a MAN WHORE...but I dont use the same weapon constantly....I change my weapon depending on the situation, if I am advanced scouting I use assault if I (and my team) are pinned down its medic to revive and push enemy back.....er some would call it tactics! Hell I was using the engi gun for ages last night.

Had to laugh last night when the tank was at the bomb site just sitting there and someone said on TS "Who ever is in the ****ing tank you have to get out to plant the bomb" LMFAO

And in Astro's defense he was on a bad side with a few mongo's for a while last night but still was running AMUCK and their best player by miles....very good player.

Any how Only takin the piss mate it was great fun last night it really was...you guys crack me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

no my parents ruled with the wooden spoon ...i still have night mares about baking

I was in the bloody tank asking team to plant while I covered .... Had to bloody get out and do it my self in the end ...when I came back someone had stolen my seat ..... and then guess what I DIED ... YES I DIED again

Really all the aggression comes from been pretty good a COD4 and turning in total sh1te in BC2, i may as well be throwing pebbles at the
    screen , it would do as much good.

Why not try the Wonda plan...the 3 step guide to a better player....?

1. Drink Cod Liver Oil daily along with garlic capsules to help stimulate the brain
    2. Be at one with your inner warrior filter out negative vibes

3. SHOOT THE FOOKIN PEEPS IN THE HEAD :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Jaysus Wonda, I thought you were after gettin TS phobic! You hadn;t been on TiG TS in ages! (in fact, nobody has :( )

Must get the Craggy TS later on and jump in - think I'll finally have an evening this week to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Funniest was Astro joined, dewinter tells him to join the other team, then astro realises it's him and 2 others vs me dewinter and to his utter dismay wondaboy. After getting maimed several times 1 of astro's team leaves and he asks dewinter to swap to even teams, dewinter in no uncertain terms said "f'off i'm not going up against him".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

... You hadn;t been on TiG TS in ages! (in fact, nobody has :( )...

Thats is called Lan Hangover. Always happens after a Lan. See you have to get credits from her indoors to get away for the weekend. Then when you come back you dare not even think about gaming for a week or so....Ask Fran, he'll explain it to you.

I'm on shifts the last few nights so wont be on again till Sunday night.

I was on [TiG] TS last night with Grim and a few others just to say hello. They were not gaming so I joined RADIO CRAGGY to say hi and just had a good laugh.

I always try the [TiG] TS and Server 1st but I aint staying on my on like a LOON.....:rolleyes:

Anyway....good news all....(well for you) wont be on for a day or so...badly tore my hamstring tonite so I am in fookin agony for the minute....have to elevate my leg so cant get near the keyboard, I aint that GAY fellow from PINEAPPLE DANCE STUDIO's that can put his foot up his own arse.....so I cant play with the leg on the desk.....LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Joeface wrote: »
    I was in the bloody tank asking team to plant while I covered .... Had to bloody get out and do it my self in the end ...when I came back someone had stolen my seat ..... and then guess what I DIED ... YES I DIED again
    QUOTE]

That was me joey standing next to the tank telling you to get out and arm the bomb. Had my tool in my hand ready to drill ya.

Good laugh on tonite....still not playing 100% with my leg in a bad way but good fun.

Might be on tomorrow but it will be only a round on and off as I cant sit at my desk properly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Awesome lan yesterday. I think we had 16 in my house playing on craggy island. Games rattled on from midday until well after midnight. More of that I say!

• Advertisement

Sweeet.....plenty of beer aswell I hope. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sweeet.....plenty of beer aswell I hope. :D
    It's a LAN. You need beer more than you need a PC at a LAN :D

As one of the virtual attendee's i must say the lan was good fun. Had to take a BFBC2 break on sunday.

Besides the lan This guy was on saturday for a round or 2, he absoulutely destroyed us, never seen anyone as good with the AN-94.

yep it was fun

plenty of highlights during the day,

nothing much to brag about, took some tags,and some very rare tags :D, lost some tags.

did nothing for a whole round @ one stage only sit in a garage, hold a flag had have my squad spawn off me and cause havok ..did you enjoy that horse , I was like a forward command center, held out there for ages. every Nade that was thrown in to do away with me kept hitting the same skip and bouncing away .

Everytime i rushed in there, there was you and dewinter or someone else, got killed at least 8 times(i'm a stubborn f'er), i should've carl gustav'd yer ass.

Everytime i rushed in there, there was you and dewinter or someone else, got killed at least 8 times(i'm a stubborn f'er), i should've carl gustav'd yer ass.

don't feel bad , it was the three squad members of yours that kept following in that help turn a really bad round into a round with a great kdr :D

Will have a quick game on the server later guys....just hope I get into a good squad this time.

Nothing worse then joining a game and all the good players squadded up and running amuck and the new peeps with a combined rank of 5 join ur squad and then follow you around coz they think YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING....LMAO.

I think these "KIDS" are playing to much GRAND THEFT AUTO......running over to tanks and trying to open the FOOKIN DOORS as assault!!!!:eek:

Happened to me the other night for ages!!!!!

Good squads!! jaysus should've seen it saturday afternoon, 7 or 8 lvl40+'s on one side plus 1 lvl50, highest on ours was yank with 34 we were slaughtered, that dubzter was ridiculously good.

Would LOVE to see him play..I really would.....You should have spent the round getting his TAGS!!!!

Prolly plays the game 25 hrs a day and is a spotty little geek with glasses.....and has like 25 RUBIK CUBES!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Good squads!! jaysus should've seen it saturday afternoon, 7 or 8 lvl40+'s on one side plus 1 lvl50, highest on ours was yank with 34 we were slaughtered, that dubzter was ridiculously good.

Haha I remember him, was wondering what rank that was, anyway got pwned to hell and back!

• Advertisement

Would LOVE to see him play..I really would.....You should have spent the round getting his TAGS!!!!

I tried and it was the only round i finished with a negative KD ratio.

Yeah same here. I went after a dude called mini rambo with I think fightin snr a while back got hammered trying to sneak up...BUT I get him so it was all GOOD.

But I would never go looking for tags now, if the opportunity presents itself with then take it....but with the current kife situation its tricky.

When you do get to the high ranks you do have to keep watchin your back even more....some fooks are OBSESSED with getting tags...I have got some easy kills, but some too close for comfort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

....some fooks are OBSESSED with getting tags...I have got some easy kills, but some too close for comfort.

And to take tag hunting to its extreme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD1S4OoxHtU

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/TimSad

Nearly 20,000 tags.

QQ lads... im using 5870... what drivers should I be on at this stage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

yankinlk wrote: »
    QQ lads... im using 5870... what drivers should I be on at this stage?

10.4 and up to avoid the DX11 loading time bug.

Spear wrote: »
    10.4 and up to avoid the DX11 loading time bug.

10.5a Hotfix driver. Its the newest with all the latest improvements for BC2

Cheers downloading now.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322598

For 10.5a Hotfix.

I noted you edited your post, but if you go into the 'Info' tab in CCC it tells you what versions of the driver(s) and CCC you currently have installed.

Caught me! Yeah, I got there eventually... it was still showing 10.3 after installing on top of...bad advice from airblazer - i needed to totally remove them and then install fresh.

New drivers seem OK, but i still have a small every once in a while issue where the PC locks and the "grey curtains" appear. A reboot always sorts it tho. meh.

• Advertisement

Well I'm still getting the odd crash with these too. Game locks, then white screen (even though I can hear the game going on, it just displays a white screen).

Just closing the game and restarting it sorts it, should be no reason to restart your PC. You on Win 7?

Advertisement