Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craggy Island BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Alcohol is responsible for so much.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Same as in 2142, had a horrible start and it took me ages to get it over 1(had been ps3ing nonstop the previous year and a bit). Also depends on the mood, i'm either killing left right and centre or i'm crap, and if its after 11 i'm usually a bit pissed, tends to dull my reactions, which is weird because i usually win racing games online when i'm pissed.

Same here. I'm either pretty good, or entirely rubbish.

Ah well! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I think alot is down to awareness and reaction time, when i was playing 2142 i used drink mountain dew which really woke me up i was constantly wired, man i had some crazy rounds on it, got kicked from the 50k servers for supposedly using aimbot(97-8 kd ratio, god bless the titan roof and the voss). They dude up the road stopped getting in mountain dew. i've suffered since.

I think alot is down to awareness and reaction time, when i was playing 2142 i used drink mountain dew which really woke me up i was constantly wired, man i had some crazy rounds on it, got kicked from the 50k servers for supposedly using aimbot(97-8 kd ratio, god bless the titan roof and the voss). They dude up the road stopped getting in mountain dew. i've suffered since.

Think I'll install it again for the craic!

Pretty good game all in all. Highest kill streak was 36 I think. Loved that Voss!

I have it installed Dubs (2142) I will give you a game the weekend. But you wanna install it now and start patching the thing...it takes an age.

I loved the KRYLOV the best and I was un-stoppable with the rockets attached pin point accuracy I tells ya. Great for campin Snipers they were, ahhh the good old days....the snipers cloak was the bizzo aswell.:P

• Advertisement

Heh loved the sniper cloak, you'd hear it a mile away, so you'd wait and kinife them as they'd uncloaked and then get called a hacker. Could never pick it myself, could never break up the RDX\APM\Lambert combo.

Rockets were ace, airbusting was awesome, i remember taking out a squad of 6 on a roof on camp gib.

Might install it myself, is there many servers still up? Last time i played the wake island map was out about a month or 2.

Dont actually know how many servers are up but there has to be a few. Dont even know what the latest patch is, but I bet we get PWND going back now!!!

LMAO

OMFG.....:eek::eek:

Just had a game of 2142 and holy sh1t compared to BFBC2 it is so slow its not funny. Its like you are in space the movement etc is just terrible in comparison. In fact its like playing that game SHATTERED HORIZON.

Cant do it....just cant.

Latest version I have is v1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ah man 2142 is not that bad. In fact on my system it runs faster and better. I play it when i cant get in to bc2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

on craggy now....

• Advertisement

My internetz are broken at home :(

No gaming for me until stupid UPC come and fix it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    OMFG.....:eek::eek:

Just had a game of 2142 and holy sh1t compared to BFBC2 it is so slow its not funny. Its like you are in space the movement etc is just terrible in comparison. In fact its like playing that game SHATTERED HORIZON.

Cant do it....just cant.

Latest version I have is v1.5

I bet you edited your FOV in BC2?
    Hell I thought BC2 was halo slow until I increased the FOV.
    Must reload 2142 myself.. I miss Cerberus landing and my Voss/Shotgun combo :)
    As for the grenade launching lovers..shame on you...in any other game you'd be bitching about noob toobers :D I know you do horse ;)

I did change the FOV shiiiiiiittttttttt I had too. But 2142 just is sooo slow, I mean everything from changing the guns to reloading. MADDDDD SLLLLOOOWWW.

Ok i was just checking the 2142 stats how the f*** did you get a kill streak of 131?

LMFAO....Really. Must be a mistake, I regulary won the games I was in with high K : D's but that has to be a typo or some ****. Coz I did not rape in walkers or anything like that.

Does it carry over in games???? Coz like you I was a master on top of the titan and in the reactor room on DEFENSE.

Where is the stats page you seen it mate?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMFAO....Really. Must be a mistake, I regulary won the games I was in with high K : D's but that has to be a typo or some ****. Coz I did not rape in walkers or anything like that.

Does it carry over in games???? Coz like you I was a master on top of the titan and in the reactor room on DEFENSE.

Where is the stats page you seen it mate?

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/bf2142/82435658/WONDA-BOY/

OMG I am ranked 4th in Ireland still and I have not played the game in years. I was 2nd but that Rouge Granny fugger never stops playin....lol.

I only have a fraction of his hrs played, If I had the same hrs played as him I would be well up there.....:eek:

45,000+ kills only 18,000+ deaths in 2142.....PMSL

I was 2nd in the BF2 charts when I was playing, just checked now I am 68th....obviously alot of peeps still play it. Have a kill streak of 73 in BF2...!!!

http://bf2s.com/player/44678125/

I was surprised kain was nowhere near the top 10, he was waaaaay ahead of everyone else back in the day. He was almost twice the score of 2nd best at 1 stage.

So favourite 2142 tactic? Mine was rdx in 1 of the bottom titan coridors. place 4 up the ceiling all the way down and place your fifth in plain view at the bottom. The idea being they'll stop before the last rdx never noticing the RDX overhead, wait for enough guys to stall in the corridor and boom. 12 was my record. Never was a big fan of RDX in defense of the titan but i'd use that tactic every now and then.

Yeah...classic. I loved the bottle neck that the titan gave. FIRE FIGHT CITY!!!

I'm thinking a 2142 weekend...:)

• Advertisement

Good games last night on CRAGGY.....had to leave early but should be a late one tonite.

Definately on for a meet up after the algeria match.

And we must get in some 2142 in the future. Dewinter just said on our mailing list that 1.51 is being beta'd with 4 news maps including strike at karkand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Definately on for a meet up after the algeria match.

And we must get in some 2142 in the future. Dewinter just said on our mailing list that 1.51 is being beta'd with 4 news maps including strike at karkand.

ohmygod!!! that's one of my all time favorite maps!!!!! But with the strength of the sniper rifles + those pesky air strikes and the rooftops it'll be sniper alley. But with destructable buildings that you can enter it'll be so fcuking sweet!!!

Come to think of it, anyone still playing BF2? What's the server situation like? I lost my old copy but I'm really finding myself thinking of buying it again.
    2042 doesn't come close imo. Mashtuur city anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Come to think of it, anyone still playing BF2? What's the server situation like? I lost my old copy but I'm really finding myself thinking of buying it again.
    2042 doesn't come close imo. Mashtuur city anyone?

You just missed the €10 for the entire BF2 collection offer on Steam.

Spear wrote: »
    You just missed the €10 for the entire BF2 collection offer on Steam.
    figures ^ ^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

figures ^ ^

Otherwise it's €14.99 for the full set currently.

well worth it..still a ton of servers out there plus there's also the modded ones which are still running on v1.0 as well as v1.3 (wake).
    Every time I load up BF2 it brings back how brutal BC2 is..hell even 2142 does as well.
    At the moment I'm alternating between COD4/5/6 and BF2/BC2 just to keep the boredom away.
    I just might load up BF2 v1.0 on my laptop just to remember the good old days when everyone was terrified of the jets :D and they were all nicely balanced before DICE completely fúcked them up.

So what's the movement like in BF2? I was disappointed with how slow it was in 2142, didn't remember it being so slow.
    I'm afraid that bf2 will be similar, don't know how I managed to travel any distance on foot back in the day, didn't seem as slow at the time, now after playing bc2, 2142 seems more like swat4 pace :(.

• Advertisement

Exactly as I stated a few posts back it is cruel how slow BF2142 is now. And I adored the game.....its like being on ICE SKATES.

I would say the BF2 is fine. I remember playing it a few months back and it was fine TBH.

But the amount of HACKERS was unreal....if we had a dedicated server it would be great for us all to get on.

MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE......LMAO

Advertisement