Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craggy Island BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

So what's the movement like in BF2? I was disappointed with how slow it was in 2142, didn't remember it being so slow.
    I'm afraid that bf2 will be similar, don't know how I managed to travel any distance on foot back in the day, didn't seem as slow at the time, now after playing bc2, 2142 seems more like swat4 pace :(.

TBH the slower movement, and sprint power / jump power etc actually made it a better game, because the pace was slowed.

Games like ET:QW, UT etc are too fast for my liking, twitch shooters. Absolute crap. The slower pace of BF2 made it more skilful as people weren't relying on quickly twisting and blindly shooting at everything.

BC2 has decent pace, a bit quicker alright, but considering the maps are smaller, and a bit more congested, added with the dense environments makes that OK imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah Dubs, its not slower as in pace its hard to explain. Its stupidly slow IMHO, you seriously cant play it. Everything from even switching guns is so frustratingly slow.....

You see when you fire it up and play....:(

As for a faster pace I personally love it, seperate the men from the boys. With so much happening on screen at the same time you need to be able to adapt to your surroundings....lmao. BF2 is harder then all the other BF's that I have played as the pace is CRUEL at times.....I hate joining games mid round coz you cant get into the flow of the round, and for about 10 mins I get hammered until I find the pace of the round.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nah Dubs, its not slower as in pace its hard to explain. Its stupidly slow IMHO, you seriously cant play it. Everything from even switching guns is so frustratingly slow.....

You see when you fire it up and play....:(

As for a faster pace I personally love it, seperate the men from the boys. With so much happening on screen at the same time you need to be able to adapt to your surroundings....lmao. BF2 is harder then all the other BF's that I have played as the pace is CRUEL at times.....I hate joining games mid round coz you cant get into the flow of the round, and for about 10 mins I get hammered until I find the pace of the round.

I'll install BF2 tonight now, and see if I can remember how to play it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I'm too used to the 1shot knife now, i was pressing the middle mouse button last night on 2142 but no luck! Guess you could bind a macro but...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I'll install BF2 tonight now, and see if I can remember how to play it lol

Its that slow and treacle like it will make you cry. The movement in BC2 is top notch.

• Advertisement

TheFairy wrote: »
    Its that slow and treacle like it will make you cry. The movement in BC2 is top notch.

So are we saying that the movement in BF2 is slow as 2142? If so roll on bfv addon. I personally don't think there should be a speed cap on motion, it's the reason quake3 is my all time favorite multiplayer game, ID ****ed up a floating point calculation and by mistake made the best damn game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I don't really find it slower...I'm thinking the unlimited sprint in BC2 is throwing some people off..
    I find that without editing the FOV BC2 was as slow as the rest while editing the FOV speeds it up ala quake...more arcadey now.

BF2 could not be as slow as 2142 it just could not be....I will have to re-install it to see for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Thought the same Wonda till I installed it when the 1.5 patch came out. Could not believe just how slow it was compared to say COD4 or BCBF2.

Yeah, thats what I love about BC2. But the speed of the game is PERFECT, its a crying shame about 2142 coz I loved it.

I think BF3 will have alot to live up to, peeps slate BFBC2 but that is user preference (CG's and all that) the engine is superb and the GFX and SFX really are top notch.

I really love the game and if the niggles were sorted and the human enemy players had a better IQ :eek: the game would be LEGEND!!!

:D

• Advertisement

BF3 will have a lot to live upto BF2...I hope apart from the graphics engine it's nothing like BC2..
    Classes are crap..choppers are crap..no jets..bloody noobtoobing Carl Gustavs, medics with bloody light machine guns when they should have a sub machine or assault weapon....assault with grenade launchers (fair enough) but giving the fúcdkers ammo reload as well???:mad: ,
    I'm sure I could think of a few more. Oh yeah...the constant sprint

The good...graphics are excellent in fairness as well as the damage.
    Also the hitboxes are spot on.
    Also I got Wonda-boy's gold tag right after he got them in Craggy the other night...
    cue loads of gloating until Mr-Daz knifed me about 3 secs later.,. :(

In fairness BC2 is merely a pseudo Battlefield game.

No commander, no commo rose, small maps, pretty much just infantry, no planes, no tactics, no support for clan matches, no spectator view, classes are very overpowered (particularly medic & assault).

I'd like to see a return to classes such as:

Assault / Recon / Engineer / Support (like 2142)

I would however like to see a specific Engineer /AT class like BC2, with wrench and rockets.

5 classes would be perfect.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe the Assault class from 2142 should be split to Medic & Assault like BF2.

I did love the Spec Ops class from BF2 too though... grrrr.... I can't decide now!!

Maybe BF2 class system, but combine AT & Engineer.

So you'd have Spec Ops, Medic, Assault, Support, Recon / Sniper & Engineer / AT - 6 classes. There we go. That would keep me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No fecking planes, i did'nt mind the planes themselves but what bugged the hell out of me was the 8-9 muppets queuing for a plane while 2 were already up there, while you had some muppet lay C4 around the landing zone threatening it was his turn and anyone who got in the plane before him would get C4'd. Meanwhile your team is getting destroyed.

2142 classes were perfect and the mg's were perfect too, no sniping with an mg as the recoil was too much. always thought DOd had mgs down perfect, hold it in your hand and fire forget about it with the recoil you'd be lucky to hit a building 10 foot in front of you, deploy the mg with a bipod and it was lethal.

I don't think the classes from BC2 will carry over to BF3, the battlefield and the squads will surely be much bigger, there will surely be more choppers etc.

One thing I do like about BC2 is you don't feel like you lost out when you don't manage to get armor or a chopper, you can still deal out some serious hurt. I'm just remembering all the times I've stood there waiting for a chopper or jet lol.

I'd like to see BC2 tightened up balance-wise. I love the guns but maybe the light and sub machine guns should have more of a spray with distance.
    The CG exists for no other reason than to be spammed, take it out and replace with the rpg, to be fair there isn't enough armor to make me want to play the eng if his sub machine gun got nerfed, same with the medic if they gave me a spray gun that hit nothing.
    Then the most hated class would be the infantry and the nerf bat would come out.

The game is a lot more balanced than people seem to think, on his day a medic can take out an infantry and vice versa.
    God help a noob tuber if he misses as is often the case.
    When a CG takes out a wall and 5 people drop dead learn to stand back from the windows FFS!

I mean a pistol in the right hands can easily out do a LM or AR.
    While I do tend to spit and hiss when I get CGed or 40MM I can still bag some kills with any class.

I still think there is no place for a CG in this game. if it doesn't hit you and you have your armor mod on you'll probably survive the blast. The balance is almost there, you just have to accept some trade-offs such as your magnum ammo over armor etc.

I'm not even gonna proof read this rant, because you all know by now I need to have at least one a month:D

actually if you take a class template for BC2
    it's be

eng: gun 7/10, specials: mines/4 shot big gun/repair
    med: gun 10/10, special: medikit/paddles/slightly bigger gun
    inf: gun 10/10, special: 40mm, unlimited noob tubing ability/unlimited ammo/c4
    recon gun: 10/10 special: strike/c4/ radar/better scope

Just looking at this it would seem the classes are balanced if not slightly in favor of the infantry.
    I'd say an eng is nothing to worry about without infantry backup. So what we have here is the makings of an effective squad and isn't that what's it's supposed to be about? Moral of the lesson, stay in the squad and make sure the squad leader makes his calls good, a good squad leader is a leader that ensures he maximizes the squads ability to score points.

^^^^

Opened a can of worms....did I? LMAO

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ^^^^

Opened a can of worms....did I? LMAO
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CG's are a great laugh. If you're playing against me, and I'm using the CG, hope that you kill me before I fire the CG at point blank range when you meet me around a corner :P Though at times, the CG has gone right through people :eek: due to the bad hit boxes of some servers.

According to my stats, I've killed 16 people by building destruction :D And I agree about windows and CG. It's the best way to kill a sniper. They think they're hidden from view... until I remove them, the wall, and 2 team-mates who just spawned on them :P

I've a KD of 0.79 Some people laugh at this, but then, I'm the sort of guy who'll put six C4 onto a quad, and drive into a tank, chopper onto bomb site, etc. Nothing more fun than hitting the bomb site with a chopper full of C4 fun when my side has only 3 tickets left. I die, we win.

I've placed over 4000 C4 and used over 800 tracer darts. My latest piece of fun is hitting a sniper with a tracer dart, and then shooting him with a CG: the poor bástard won't know that he has a missile lock, ever - he'll just see that I hit him with a CG from the other side of the map :cool:

I love the reload times, as you can whip out a pistol and gun the other one down if at close range. If not at close range, run and hide. Actually, that's another thing that I like about BC2: you can run and reload.

The medic guns are excellent: with a good scope, and used in a click-click-click semi-auto fashion, can be a sniper rifle with 200 rounds. Although that could also be a reason that they suck for those whom I kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Because theres a few CI's that love Jihad jeep we've banned it on craggy. :D

Because theres a few CI's that love Jihad jeep we've banned it on craggy. :D
    They die, I don't. Thus, it's not jihad jeep :P Unfortunately, driving into enemy base without backup causes my survival rate to drop exponentially... :( But if they shoot me (when I get off the quad), chances are they'll hit the C4 :pac:

Is causing the enemy to team kill in their eagerness to kill me also banned? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Jihad jeeps are not the problem in BFBC2 that they were in BF2. One of our own loves to do it and we banned it just to make him mad - he was simply too good at it.

After the next patch - jihad jeeps will probably be under review again - as you will get points after dieing and it might end up being annoying if everyone does it.

Personally I think c4 jeeps are a laff for now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Overall the reason we banned jihadists was not the lads who use them and survive its the legions of people who use them and die. Or griefers who dont care about losing points. C4 heli's there's no defence against them if they launch and ram straight in the mcoms. And we all know there are some people who would do it over and over until they succeed.

C4 heli's there's no defence against them if they launch and ram straight in the mcoms. And we all know there are some people who would do it over and over until they succeed.
    I've actually found a new fun way to do this. Put C4 ALL OVER THE CHOPPA, and land it in front of the bombsite. Arm the bomb. Once armed, count to two, and detonate the C4. You'll kill the nearest 3 enemy who are running to defuse the bomb :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

C4 is possibly my favourite weapon, just ridiculously satifying throwing it around the place, over walls, into windows, onto roofs, on tanks after you sneak around them. Also using C4 as antitank mines on the road is fun.

Just dont havet the patience to play sniper at ALL! There are just to many kills to be had on the field of battle roaming around.

Have to start using sniper soon to get the stars for badges and pins, and all you lot will be "enemy sniper" and "ahh its alrite its wonda...cant snipe for ****"!

:D

Well all that long range sniping is very low risk stuff...i assume for those who don't like to take a chance, probably still living with mum over the age of 26 lol.

Well all that long range sniping is very low risk stuff...
    Unless Grim is on the server. Then you're dead. Also, a lot of the snipers tend not to move, so picking them off is not too hard, once you know the "usual" spots. Tracer dart + sniper + RPG = win. Esp if they see the RPG coming, and start to run away :D

LMAO,

There is no way on earth I would defuse an mCOM with a chopper sitting in front of it. Blow it straight away I would....then again if I am a medic could be a problem.

Everyone assumes that a sniper will just stand in one spot..
    A lot of people forget about the VSS which is the silenced auto sniper rifle..
    Equip this with default scope, mortar, extra ammo and magnum ammo and watch those kills rack up.. you can basically hide in the enemy camp and take em all out...
    Remember I got my gold in it from scratch over 3 matches and couldn't believe how good it was..
    Plus using the motion mines and spotting enemies gives even more points :D
    The most awards I've gotten in one game was about 27..this was using the above kit inside my M-Com base defending it...lots of moving around, re-arming from enemy kits etc..

I know DeWinter the fúker loves it as well ;)

Actually the last few games I played and killed DeWinter he was indeed in a sniper suit....for a few rounds the sneaky fugger.

I will be looking for him now...hate pesky snipers!

• Advertisement

yep..he's a sneaky frakker alright..
    in COD4 guaranteed if you were a sniper Dewinter was slowly creeping up on you to give a shotgun blast to your head..
    many's the time I turned around to look straight down his shotgun barrel :)

started using the medic kit again recently...it's way overpowered.
    Started as assault (k/d around 1.2 during the game) switched to medic and it jumped to about 2.5..
    goddamn medic whores..I hate em :mad:

Advertisement