Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spotting scope....????

• 31-03-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi All,

previously I bought a Chinese spotting scope off e-bay for 70 euro...what a load of crap..total rubbisg....I don't want to spend a massive amount of money maybe between 200 and 400 maybe 500

I would be using it for maybe target practise for shooting 100 to 300 yards and I have a great view from my house so i would be using it for looking out in country side as well

So can I ask what would be the best spotting scope that would fall within my budget...or can you get a quality one for this money?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Collioure wrote: »
    Hi All,

previously I bought a Chinese spotting scope off e-bay for 70 euro...what a load of crap..total rubbisg....I don't want to spend a massive amount of money maybe between 200 and 400 maybe 500

I would be using it for maybe target practise for shooting 100 to 300 yards and I have a great view from my house so i would be using it for looking out in country side as well

So can I ask what would be the best spotting scope that would fall within my budget...or can you get a quality one for this money?????
    Kowa dn opticron fall into that bracket, both excellent. You don't need to spend more than that really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

demonloop wrote: »
    Kowa dn opticron fall into that bracket, both excellent. You don't need to spend more than that really.

Both good scope makers. Have a look at this crowds website too:

http://www.telescope-service.com/

Also, if you can get an old Bushnell Spacemaster you won't be disappointed. They turn up on ebay occasionaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Have a look here http://www.heinnie.com/Optics/c-1-100/

Luger looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Collioure

Rosahane wrote: »
    Have a look here http://www.heinnie.com/Optics/c-1-100/

Luger looks good.

bought a hawke endurance 20=60 x 60 in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I know it was a long time ago and this is a zombie thread, but how did you find the Hawke Scope?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Collioure

Hi Ya,

It was fine nothing special...fine ffor zeroing to 100 yards anything beyond that you will find it hard to see bullet holes on A4....get what you pay for I sppose.

Although I have it on large tri pod in spare room...can be fun spotting foxes a mile away

Thanks

My neighbours might think it a bit odd if I set mine up in the window of my spare room!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 upandover

What I'd love to get my hands on is something military surplus without spending a fortune. I'm having a huge pain getting anywhere with this though

I'm going to Czech Republic next week. I know I'll be doing myslef out of a warranty if I buy one there but I image I'll save a few quid.

I know cameras etc are much cheaper over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 upandover

Good luck finding a deal on a scope. Let us know what you get

• Advertisement
Advertisement