Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NWO using CERN to distract our greatest minds from thinking about economic reailities

• 31-03-2010 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

I think that the NWO have come up with the CERN facility in order to divert some of our greatest thinkers from using their brainpower on important issues like the global financial crisis.

Think about it the last time they started the LHC back in Sep 2008 was just when Lehman Brothers in the US collapsed.

Now yesterday they started it up again, just as Ireland doubled its already huge national debt!!:eek::eek:

This is a clear conspiracy by the NWO to distract the worlds scientists as they enslave humanity by saddling them with the debts of reckless bankers.

In my opinion rather than sending hydrogen atoms at close to the speed of light and smashing them into each other, they should instead send brian lenihan one way and cowen the other and smash them into each other.

Comments

Construction of the LHC at CERN began almost 20 years ago, so unless "they" knew that a world recession would begin, or that Ireland's national debt would double 20 years into the future, it seems like you're making an awfully large assumption.

Another thing: isn't it awfully vain to assume that the LHC was used to distract the world, or even just the Irish people, from the financial crisis?

And the LHC isn't a great distraction; 99% of people have absolutely no interest in the thing. Finally, the type of "great minds" working on the LHC are completely different from the great minds you'd need to tackle a financial crisis. Those working at the LHC are physicists, not economists.

Edit: Tell me this thread isn't an attempt at trolling, yekahs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Apologies, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

I don't actually believe a word of what I typed, just a funny thought that popped into my head as I was having an argument with a friend who was giving out about the fact that RTE were reporting on the success of the LHC sh1te(as he put it) and I was trying to explain that in the grand scheme of things that the LHC was far more important than our fcuked up economy. Thats when it occured to me the last time the LHC started up, and promptly broke down was at the the time of the Lehman brothers crash.

I realise that posting this as a CT is probably dancing dangerously close to trolling, just thought it was funny, and could be a lighthearted topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

^^^^^^^^
    was a reply to your original comment.
    Tell me this thread isn't an attempt at trolling, yekahs?

It kind of is I suppose? I didn't mean it maliciously though. Just thought a light-hearted thread here and there isn't too much harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Yekahs, the interwebs crappest troll.

Well Yeah, I can see that. The last time they had to put money in the meter for the LHC it brought down the world's banking system. It kind of makes sense really.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Any LHC conspiracy without some mention of time travel is just not going to cut it sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Construction of the LHC at CERN began almost 20 years ago, so unless "they" knew that a world recession would begin, or that Ireland's national debt would double 20 years into the future, it seems like you're making an awfully large assumption.

Another thing: isn't it awfully vain to assume that the LHC was used to distract the world, or even just the Irish people, from the financial crisis?

And the LHC isn't a great distraction; 99% of people have absolutely no interest in the thing. Finally, the type of "great minds" working on the LHC are completely different from the great minds you'd need to tackle a financial crisis. Those working at the LHC are physicists, not economists.

Edit: Tell me this thread isn't an attempt at trolling, yekahs?

The first point you make i think could be argued that they did know about the recessions.
    And i guess scientists might be more interested in CERN than the average person so it could be seen as a distraction and waste of time considering the sate of the place.
    I really liked the idea of firing two acto..politicians out of canons though :D

Advertisement