Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting my hedge

Options
  • 31-03-2010 8:08pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I have a hedge at either side of my driveway, one side if mine and the other side belongs to my neighbours.

It shouldn't be a problem getting permission to cut my neighbours side as luckily I get along fine with my neighbour but I'm just curious is there a time of year I should cut it....can I cut it now?

Don't have a clearer photo of it online

A6FBAB8545B443C5AC2BE774D84E3A1D-500.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what sort of hedge is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I wouldn't cut it with that strange white stuff on the ground. It looks quite small & possibly a bit tender so I would wait until the frost goes. The other key thing is whether it is has any bird nests in which case leave it till they have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

looks like portugal laurel , should wait till it comes into growth looks like it just needs a bit of shaping.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Should have mentioned thats an old photo of it, no longer snowing...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

I recently bought a hedge trimmers - looks like a chain saw.
    It really makes a difference. I imagine it would do a great job on this type of hedge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭johno2

I recently bought a hedge trimmers - looks like a chain saw.
    Are you sure it's not a chainsaw?

johno

Advertisement