Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun oil?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

what would be the best gun oil to use on my cz452?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

have heard good things of rem oil, hoppes is another one that gets a good review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

what would be the best gun oil to use on my cz452?

For what part of the rifle you talking?
    If its the action....I found that "slip 2000 gun lubricant" is awesome stuff. a 1 ounce bottle does me for 3 rifles per year.......

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

dwighet wrote: »
    For what part of the rifle you talking?
    i was talking about the barrel but what other parts need oil or am i doing it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

i was talking about the barrel but what other parts need oil or am i doing it wrong?

I had a cz 452 and it was a great piece of kit.... 22lr is yours?
    Now 22lr will build up residue in the bolt face and the chamber....
    There a dirty little thing...A cotton bud wit any good solvent will clean that out.... but always keep your bolt oiled and spotless....rem oil is good but I stick to what I know and thats slip2000....
    Asfar as the barrel goes....Dont touch it untill it shoots like ****.
    cz 22~s love a dirty barell.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

thank you all for that i'll get some tomorrow =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Any good quality fine machine oil in squirt can or spray can is good in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Johnny_Coyle

Irish,
    what do u want 2 do? lubricate or clean?

Clean with Hoppe's #9 and lube with Hoppe's lubricant. Rem oil is also good to clean/lube.

Check the manufacturer on how/where to lube your CZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

What you need is a dose of CLAPP. This is a very specific product, sold in small, dose-size bottles. It can be found and obtained only from the better sort of gunsmith. It Cleans, Lubricates and Penetrates/Protects. I usually buy it by the case, as it is more convenient that way.

Go down to your local gunshop today and ask for a case of it!
    Rs,
    P.
    Have a look at this also - US study on oils http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

BRUNOX

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Legia - (Can with green cap/Green Can), good for timber of stock. Red capped can for metal bits. Both the spray type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

sikastag wrote: »
    Legia - (Can with green cap/Green Can), good for timber of stock. Red capped can for metal bits. Both the spray type.

Also available in Browning packaging.

Advertisement