Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to show you this .....

Options
  • 31-03-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

My dad is a genius.....

After my greenhouse fiasco today - he decided to cheer me up with my birthday present 2 months early .......

He made me a real live windmill....

Sorry for the excitement but I think this is savage :D:D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It is savage, and your dad definitely has the knack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Nice one :) - what happened in your greenhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Oh that's cool, curiosity will kill me but what happened with the greenhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Oh I found the answer in the Back to Square 1 thread. If the seeds germinate and you end up with a mixture of allsorts all over the garden just call it free expression ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

dh0661 wrote: »
    Nice one :) - what happened in your greenhouse?

the storms demolished it - but ..... daddy to the rescue... hes gonna weld & nail & fix her up.... Just the state of the place with all the seeds & soil everywhere

• Advertisement

lucy2010 wrote: »
    daddy to the rescue... hes gonna weld & nail & fix her up....

Sounds just like my Dad ---- but thats what Dad's are there for;)

Sounds just like my Dad ---- but thats what Dad's are there for;)

Christ yeah hes deadly......... He saved me a mint yesterday.... I dug out the front garden for a flower bed all the way around & he brought me over hundreds of plants to put in it. Saved me a mint on going to woodies....There was 2 large cordalines, a bottlebrush, 2 hydrangas, loads of hebes, 2 large dahlias, about 20 minature roses, tons of primulas & pansys & some minature conifers. Would have cost me a fortune ( not that I could afford to buy them)

When I was up in his house yesterday I was up in my old room ( he has turned my old bedroom into an indoor greenhouse - its 29ft x 18ft - filled with sedlings) he has made 2 trains with 3 carriages each - They are the most amazing things ever. Ill try get a picture to post.

I love garden decoration. Anyone any other ideas that I can get him to make? They had these bird houses up in Powerscourt about 2 years ago & they were over €300 each so he made me one of them. I have a bright green & yellow wheelbarrow he made my eldest son & now my savage savage windmill......... Anything else I can hit him for...

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Anything else I can hit him for...

Don't forget to throw your arms around him - give him a big kiss on the cheek and say thanks Dad, would you like to stay for dinner.

Don't forget to throw your arms around him - give him a big kiss on the cheek and say thanks Dad, would you like to stay for dinner.

Lol funny enough hes an " uber" oddball.. He wont even have a cuppa in my house or my sisters. He comes over every week to cut my lawn ( Its a field) so he brings the monster machinery ( It takes 4 hours with a flymo no bulls"%$^) & he wont even drink a cuppa or have a bickie. So the kids have been collecting up baskets from everyone for him - you know the ones you gets plants in.. He paints them up & plants them & sells them for the church every year. So he will love that.

Advertisement