Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures

Options
  • 31-03-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I posted about this before on boards.ie but I didn't really get a proper answer as such so I think After Hours may be a better place to post this :)

I post on numerous Football forums and would take a nosey round others. You will always see plenty of users who have a particular player or something as an avatar and a player or something as a signature.

My question is the following ; ARE YOU ALLOWED PUT ANY FOOTBALL PICTURE YOU LIKE ON A FORUM? Or do you need to get permission before using a picture? Say for example, I wanted to use the FAI crest as my avatar - would I be allowed to do so? Or do you need permission?

What I normally do is search Google Images for a particular image and then put them on my Photobucket page so I can get the code to use them on a forum.

So what are the rules regarding use of pictures on forms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

To have a custom avatar like that you must be a subscriber. You can find out about subscribing here.

Advertisement