Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

/vbulletin/index.php acting oddly

Options
  • 31-03-2010 8:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ever since last Sunday the page I normally use http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php has been acting oddly.

It's stopped remembering which subsections I've left closed up and keeps defaulting to having them all displayed.

It sometimes acts as if I'm not signed in, there's either no new posts, or they're all new posts. Prison usually isn't visible in sys.

The mod section is visible sometimes, though can't be entered.

The category sections don't display sometimes, and instead there's just the name of the category, which is a link to the category instead.

I've replicated this on three machines, two browsers, and three separate internet connections.

Outside of this page, everything is normal. I've tried emptying cache, clearing cookies etc, nothing seems to impact it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had the same problem and its occurring on the mobile edition also.

On the mobile, rather then giving me a straight list of every forum name, its giving me all the extra bells and whistles (not formatted correctly) such as description, last post, time of last post, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I've just realised what this is. It's some caching I turned on because some jerk was hammering that page continuously. Obviously I need a more fine-grained control on that page. :(

I've turned it off for the moment, I'll look at it again in the morning.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement