Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Network Technician Incorporating CompTIA Network+ & CISCO CCNA

Options
  • 31-03-2010 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Is this course worth doing?Its starting in the HSI in Limerick in few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Oisintarrant

Ive been recently looking into all these certs, and those 3 would seem to be the 3 most suited to a network technician so ya, but Id imagine theyre would be a lot of repitition. I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Davidpracsmith

Its a worthy certification my friend.But you have to follow one path.If you want to go for CompTIA then follow that route,or if you want to do CCNA then follow Cisco certifications path.I personally prefer Cisco over compTIA.You should start with Cisco Certified Entry-level Network Technician (CCENT) which is just half of the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or you can go straight to the full CCNA with just one test instead of two.After it go for profession level which is CCNP,then for expert level which is CCIP.
    Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

Cisco and CompTIA are very similar programs...Cisco is more brand recognised though...The CompTIA course is vendor neutral, whereas the cisco course is all about cisco equipment...One thing you should ask HSI , "are your instructors CCAI approved?" CCAI is cisco certified approved instructor, I heard their instructors weren't!!!, it makes a big difference as someone whois CCAI will teach you more exam relevant material as they have been through a training course specifid to the exam!

Advertisement