Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen - Waterford

• 31-03-2010 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on here has goten a new kitchen installed recently.
    Feedback on deals you got, size covered, appliances included?

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Don't no how good homebase is but they have 1/2 price kitchen units when you buy 3 or more, plus an extra 25% off units!! And b&q have something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Me mothers brother in law installed our kitchen a while back. No idea where we got anything from though sorry. I think he made it all himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I found CAsh 'n' Carry Kitchens very good;

They recommended an installer too who was good.

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's a few years since we did our kitchen but we found Cash & Carry very good and went with them. My hubby is a carpenter and fitted it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

We bought a complete new kitchen from Homebase around 18 months ago. The quality of everything was fine and there were no issues with the delivery. It was a small kitchen, maybe 12 x 10 ft.

We did make a mistake of contracting a kitchen fitter based on a meeting at a business function who turned out to be a cowboy and had to be removed from the job half way through. I'll not name names but he was based in Tramore and offers his services (kitchen & conservatory) as a professional on the side of his van.

The only niggle at this stage is that we included a drinking water filter on the taps and every time the filter needs replacing (every 6 months) we have to pre-order and wait 6 weeks for delivery. Just a niggle 'cos I'd like to be able to just pick one up when I think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eyefordetail

Try Aran Kitchens down by the Park. I know someone who got a kitchen there recently and it turned out fab, shes delighted with it. They do everything for you including the instillation. They have an inhouse Interior Designer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

What are your criteria: Time, Cost or Quality?

I found Walter Morrissey a top quality Kitchen Designer/Fabricator and Fitter. However, not the cheapest!

Advertisement