Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Call of Duty MW2 since 30/03/2010

Options
  • 31-03-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering does anyone have a problem with call of duty modern warfare 2 since they updated it yesterday (30/03/2010), i was playing it on the 29/03/2010, perfect with no problems, but yesterday after the title update was applied (not the stimulas package) it seems to be stuck at the lobby. Also all day today i still have the same problem.

The title update is an update of the game itself which adds or modifies new or existing programming of the original game, in this case, it added two new game modes and also updated how to find matches closer to your location.

it tries to find games, while 0/50 stays constant starting from <50ms ping, then moves up as far as <150ms ping, after this it still has no luck of finding games, then it will just say searching for available games whilst moving up thru the percentages (0%->100%), a couple of times it found games but it seems that it wont even try to join games it as it usually does. i have it on now for the last 15 mins and nothing!!

I dont have any problems when friends invite me to games or parties, after i accept it allows me in with no problems. but as you know i cant be dependant on friends to keep inviting me all the time lol.

In case your wondering my NAT settings is perfect, showing "open", have port forwarding done and uPnP is enabled!!

The broadband im using is 1Mb, from eircom, using a zyxel (Netopia) router (which is a pain, as it cuts off the xbox every 15-20 minutes), im gonna get a new router anyway. but it shouldn't be the router as i was playing it with no problems a couple of days ago.

I apprieciate if anyone can help me, and ill let you know how im getting on.

Thanks for all your help and replies people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I think they changed the match making so that You join lobbies nearer to you.i Am having problems getting into games also;

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Yep, I've had exactly the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Is it only problems with people that didnt buy the map pack ?
    I got it and have had no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

I've got the new maps and am having trouble finding games. On Monday I could find 23ish in one search. Now it takes multiple searches to find 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CoZaa

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Looks like they're sorting it out with another patch tonight sometime.
    http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/11392344858

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 singo

if you hang on in the lobby youll get connected mine goes through 50ms ping all the way to 150ms ping before i can get into a match it takes about 3 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nolanbrian

singo wrote: »
    if you hang on in the lobby youll get connected mine goes through 50ms ping all the way to 150ms ping before i can get into a match it takes about 3 minutes

I am hanging on, but nothing is being found, im waiting 10-15 mins maybe longer, then just maybe it'll join a match (if im really lucky), and im peed off as well cause until monday there is double XP points!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I was having slight issues but it was only in terms of how long it was taking, and my problem seems to be common across the board. It will try <50, <60 and sometimes <70 and <80 but generally it will find a game

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nolanbrian

Hey

I finally sorted it out, i bought the stimulus package last nite and finally i can join matches, it kinda sucked that i had to buy it, dont get me wrong i was eventually gonna buy it, but i wanted to wait until my finacial situation was a little better.....

It still takes a good few minutes to find a match, but hey, at least im able to join games now.

Seems that microsoft, activision and infinity ward wants to bully you into buying it, or maybe because there was so many people who bought it, there were only a few matches that didnt have the new maps included in the lobby.

As for the xbox cutting out every 15-20 mins or so i also sorted out that peoblem by trail and error, i went into the router configuration and from there went to the wireless LAN section, in here there was a ReAuthentication Timer which you can change (i set mine to 7200 seconds which gives me 2 hours of uninterupted gameplay,yay) or you can change this to longer if you plan to play longer, and dont forget to click apply when you have the new time set.

Cheers for all your responses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I have the stimulous package, but it still takes 5 minutes to find a game, and my ping is always very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

what happened to me was that my NAT changed to strict after the update.
    Once i sorted that out it was perfect again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,203 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

they have split the game between stimulus and non stimulus so there will be less games available...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

what happened to me was that my NAT changed to strict after the update.
    Once i sorted that out it was perfect again

This happened to me, but it still hasn't worked after changing back to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

Is anyone still having problems finding a game?I still can't find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Haven't had a problem getting any games since the patch came out. Neither have any of my friends, regardless of having the map pack or not. All I can think of is other people downloading/ streaming over your networks through computers or playing other consoles online at the same time as any of you are on MW2. That'll cause your ping to spike, meaning you mightn't be in the range needed for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

I don't think thats the problem at all.It happens even when nobody else is using the internet and there is a security code for the router so it couldn't be any of the neighbours.I just did a test and there is a ping of 42.If anyone else has any ideas as to how to fix it it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I haven't been able to get into a game for days. Same probs as previously mentioned, show 0/0 in all playlists and 0/50 games through all of the search.

I havent been able to connect through an invite or 'join session in progress'.

I spoke to microsoft on thursday and friday, The first lady I spoke to was helpful and after troubleshooting and recovering my gamertag, spoke top a colleague and advised me that there was a problem on their end and that If It wasn't sorted by that evening it would be sorted by the morning.

Then when I rang on friday I spoke to someone a lot less helpful, basically told me that I would "just have to wait". Ie. "Your Fu#ked now cause its good friday and then easter weekend and another bank holiday, so no ones gonna do anything for you till next week"..

For whatever reason only a minority are effected. :(

And to add insult to injury it's double XP weekend!! with new maps that I have bought and downloaded! GRRRRRR!:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Is this just an XBOX issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HammstR

having the same problem, even went and bought the new map pack, but still can't find a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 HammstR

new update today. things slightly better, ping isn't so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CoZaa

Working fine for me now, just have to wait a few seconds longer and I always get into a 4bar game :)

Advertisement