Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted for Punk Rock band [Dublin]

Options
  • 31-03-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

Band Name: None yet...
    Band Genre: Punk Rock
    Band Location: Dublin. Rehearsals in Dublin city centre.
    Influences: The Clash, The Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, The Replacements, Sex Pistols, The Descendents, Screeching Weasel, NoFX, Hüsker Dü, Pennywise, Bad Religion, and maybe a bit of earlier Green Day & The Offspring. Do you get the picture? essentially I want to play some kickin' punk that you can rock the f**k out to.
    Positions Available: Singer (ability to play guitar preferred but not necessary), Guitarist and Drummer. Male or female members... it doesn't matter!
    Desired Age Range: 20-30
    Available Sound Samples: None yet...
    Additional Info: Originals band with one or two cover songs for the set. No songs written yet so this is starting from square one... just so you're aware.

One important point to make is that while I'd like to have load of fun with this (and hope you do too!) it might require a bit of commitment. I'm not talking giving up jobs, women, first born children or anything like that... just a bit of commitment and motivation to actually do something.

Lets play some songs, do some gigs, record a bit and see what else happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks for using the template and best of luck with your search!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Malice_ wrote: »
    Thanks for using the template and best of luck with your search!

Thanks man! :)

Bump :pac:

Bump.

Got a bit of interest so far but nothing has come from it so far.

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'd give this a go, could do guitar. Very into ramones, pennywise, misfits etc.

HULLLLLLOooo, edit also cud sing/shout/ play kazoo

Haha sorry, forgot to get back to you sooner man! I was going to organise a meetup with the people interested so far but I hit a roadblock so to speak. Did some damage to my fretting arm a few days ago. Just waiting to see what the physio thinks next week and I'll let ye know. I'm still going to persist with this though! :D

Back in action! Nothin's gonna stop me! :D

OK ok... so I've responded to everyone so far I think. By the looks of it at the moment I just need a vocalist (provided nobody backs out). Let me know who your influences are, and who you think you sound like. If you have clips thats better.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭dbocky

This sounds good, im more of a post punk/indie fan but kinda have ian curtis/jim morrison style vocals...i can also shout!! Was in a band for two years that just broke up!! I sang, played rhythm guitar/synth and lately i have been dabling on the bass (im not great at it tho)

would love to see what kinda group ya have together!

• Advertisement

dbocky wrote: »
    This sounds good, im more of a post punk/indie fan but kinda have ian curtis/jim morrison style vocals...i can also shout!! Was in a band for two years that just broke up!! I sang, played rhythm guitar/synth and lately i have been dabling on the bass (im not great at it tho)

would love to see what kinda group ya have together!

Do you have any clips of the band with you singing?

Bump for singer & drummer!

There has to be a drummer and singer out there who aren't lazy gits... c'mon folks! :pac:

Just make this post somewhat interesting heres a cool song.

:)

bump. drums drums

BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

TelePaul wrote: »

Cheers!

Excellent choice btw! :)

Advertisement