Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Specialites 40t/28t chainrings for mtb

• 31-03-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

Silver 28t Inner (64mm bcd, 4 bolt)
    Black 40t Middle (104mm bcd, 4 bolt)

Will turn your mtb chainset into a double, perfect for XC racing etc.

Brand new condition. Also I'll throw in a set of unused gold KCNC chainring bolts to help with your conversion. 60 euro the lot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

I'll take the 40t for €25?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭LastFridayNight

Hi Ryan,

I'd rather sell the lot together, thanks.

Anyone else who's thinking about converting to a double, but is not sure if their chainset will be compatible, just let me know your chainset model.

I can fit them for you even for a few extra quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Anyone else who's thinking about converting to a double, but is not sure if their chainset will be compatible, just let me know your chainset model.

I'm seriously considering doing this at some stage. Have you run it? and how did you find it? Especially regarding inner ring / middle ring and cross chaining.

I'm running XTR 970btw re fitment.

Not 100% sure if I'm ready to bite the bullet but depending on comments, I just might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭LastFridayNight

Yes, it'll work on a m970 chainset.

As a mtb'er, I'd normally just run a 1x9. This is the setup I have on my two main mtb's. However, it's not ideal for racing, imo. I'm reasonably strong, but pushing a 1:1 ratio is not ideal, esp coming to the end of an XC race. So I ran the 28/40 last year for racing, and I found it great- more time in the middle of the back cog, matching ratios to cadence, and the 40t up front I never found lacking, even on the occasional fireroad descent. So yeah, I found it great, but I guess everyone's different, so you'll have to make up your own mind. Am largely giving up racing for an indefinate period, due to injury, so these are the first of a large set of things I'm selling. These are brand new and unused.

Advertisement