Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography plans for long weekend?

• 31-03-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Well whats yer plans? Not sure what to do myself yet. Was thinking maybe Saltees islands even though its probaly better wait till May/June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Gonna go to this; Trim Balloon Fiesta

Also have the Saltees penciled in at some stage this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just a small rugby match and then a hurling game.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

kensutz wrote: »
    Just a small rugby match and then a hurling game.
    Munster v Leinster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Nothing. I'm not feeling motivated recently due to lots of uncertainty. It's pretty annoying. Sorry to bring down the tone of the thread. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

stabo wrote: »
    Munster v Leinster?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Circuit of Ireland Rally is on so hopefully will get out to it.
    This weather is half putting me off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Wedding on Saturday and probably up to Trim on Saturday night and day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah, if the weather is ok I might try get to the balloon fest... could be a semi-boards meet, eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Heading out to Powerscourt with a scout group to do some more shooting for my degree show project but I'm not keen on bringing the mamiya out in the rain :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

For anyone thats interested, there is a chance of good photo oppurtunities on Monday 5th April.

The Railway Preservation Society of Ireland are operating from Dublin CONNOLLY to Mullingar, leaving Dublin at 0915 and arriving back at 1735. This will be a old steam train.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kayleigh_101

Gonna go to this; Trim Balloon Fiesta

Also have the Saltees penciled in at some stage this year.

ooh im hoping to get to that on sunday i believe at night they are goin to do a display and light them up!shud be a good day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

BFassassin wrote: »
    Circuit of Ireland Rally is on so hopefully will get out to it.
    This weather is half putting me off though.

yip same as that but the weather wont bother me too much :)
    I have a nice bump at a crossroads picked out for the night stage on saturday night heres hoping for loadsa sparks in the night shots:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Heading to Rome this weekend. Looking forward to getting the usual shots of Rome's streets, The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Get a woman into new apartment, get her naked and... oh you meat a photography plan?
    Get a woman into new apartment, get her naked and take some pictures :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Stop taking picture of my feet on different settings and go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I'll be playing with my antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Fenster wrote: »
    I'll be playing with my antenna.

Careful, I hear that can make you blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Only if I get the pokey end in my eye.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Good Friday - Mass, Stations of the Cross, Confession.
    Saturday - Mass, Pilgrimage to Lough Derg & climb Croagh Patrick.
    Sunday - Mass all day.
    Monday - Confession again (just in case) followed by more Mass.

Well it is Easter.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

yip same as that but the weather wont bother me too much :)
    I have a nice bump at a crossroads picked out for the night stage on saturday night heres hoping for loadsa sparks in the night shots:cool:
    I like the sound of that homer. Must get the programme toady and pick out a few spots.
    A jump in the dark could make for great shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Bought a remote control for the camera yesterday so hoping to get some use from it over the weekend.
    Also hoping to get a sunrise in but its sooooo cold at the moment I'll probably chicken out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

swingking wrote: »
    Heading to Rome this weekend. Looking forward to getting the usual shots of Rome's streets, The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps. :)

The Spanish Steps are extremely disappointing froma photographic point of view (unless you are into millions of teenagers sitting around). Bring a wide angle for the trevi fountain, the space is limited. spend lots of time in the vatican, although I would imagine it will be busy this weekend particularly. The Pantheon is a truly amazing building, might be busy too though as it's a functioning church

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The Spanish Steps are extremely disappointing froma photographic point of view (unless you are into millions of teenagers sitting around). Bring a wide angle for the trevi fountain, the space is limited. spend lots of time in the vatican, although I would imagine it will be busy this weekend particularly. The Pantheon is a truly amazing building, might be busy too though as it's a functioning church

Some great advice there. I'm hoping to get my shots taken early in the morning so I don't get anyone else in the way.

I'm also gonna go to the village of Frascatti where it won't nearly be as busy as the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

swingking wrote: »
    Some great advice there. I'm hoping to get my shots taken early in the morning so I don't get anyone else in the way.

I'm also gonna go to the village of Frascatti where it won't nearly be as busy as the city.

Let us know how you get on in Rome and put up some photos when you get back. I am heading over next weekend, it will be my first trip with my camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

Heading to Tasmania with my wife and new canon 50D. Going to try some tripod and filter landscape shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I have planned a trip around Ireland this weekend. No particular plan at the moment, but problaly will visit Ring of Kerry and Dingle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

In the Conamara Gaeltacht for the long weekend. Will hopefully get a long exposure of Spiddal pier at night. The clouds are looking quite impressive at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Friday not sure yet but maybe down a few flagons.
    Saturday I'll be helping a friend pick a new camera, 5d classic or 5D II, football match with my beloved Arsenal at 3pm in some boozer with my Wolverhampton confused friend.
    Sunday not sure yet and will check this thread on a regular basis for something happening in Dublin, Easter Monday my fool of a bruvver is getting married in Ballymun, I will be doing some shots of this from a 2nd photographer perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Heading down home to carlow tomorrow, bringing my daughter back down on the bus. there's not a lot interesting down there but I might have a spare hour in Dublin, will grab a few City shots maybe. Sat-Sun, Might attempt more portrait shots of the kids, of course, there's easter Sunday choccie shots to be taken. might try and get the missus to don a bunny outfit Sun night and take her from all angles ...

What metaphor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Well decided im going to the Saltees,depending on weather. Will know more tomorrow eve if boat is going or not. Might try make Trim on the Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I will be taking pictures at a Horse show in Killkenny on Monday now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

When I'm finished in Mass, Confession etc I'll be tipping down to the Trim Balloon Fiesta - weather permitting. http://www.trimballoonfiesta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=180

Advertisement