Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wesite files am i entitled to them????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

A- You cant expect him to pay for another year of hosting for you, unless this was agreed at the start. He should have given you the hosting details or signed up under your name so you should be responsible for renewal [what if he was to leave the country? etc]

B- 2,500 for a static website with no CMS[capability for you to change content] is ridiculous

best solution, pay for the renewal, get all details of the hosting, change them to your own name, get a new designer who wont charge you 90 per change

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Placebo wrote: »
    A- You cant expect him to pay for another year of hosting for you, unless this was agreed at the start. He should have given you the hosting details or signed up under your name so you should be responsible for renewal [what if he was to leave the country? etc]

B- 2,500 for a static website with no CMS[capability for you to change content] is ridiculous

best solution, pay for the renewal, get all details of the hosting, change them to your own name, get a new designer who wont charge you 90 per change

Until you see the website (I haven't either by the way), it's impossible for you to say what is too expensive. For all we know, the design might not lend itself too well to a CMS. If an image on the homepage is integrated into the design, then it could well take a bit of work to change.

Maybe the designer is taking the piss - but we really can't make that call based on what the details in this thread.

Agree with your other suggestions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Im just taking an assumption thats not for a company and probably just an entrepreneur at best, so price seems quite high. But of course, depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 walshkvn

I really hope it more than a static website, (i.e. a website that doesn't do anymore than provide text and pictures that are not based on vistor reaction).

If it all goes tits up with the last designer, someone to check out would be http://www.24.ie ... a static website for 295 euro plus vat.

By the way I'm in no way involved with these guys.

But I think the best idea is to pay the 130 euro and then get someone else to host it and they will copy the design over for you. Remember to ask for a copy of website as soon as they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

you should of got a copy of the files when you paid for it, oral contracts aint worth the paper there written on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement