Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Bought Broadworks, Eden Gate roll out in 8 weeks!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Radio|Man

Just an update for those interested.

Spoke to one of the guys working for the network contractors today in Eden Gate.

He says they are doing final testing and the whole system should be ready to go in about a week.

Speeds mentioned on the fibre are 40MB !

Bring it on !

Hopefully, UPC admin are more together than chorus/ntl were!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what about the rest of Greystones then? We can't even get digital TV down here... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Radio|Man

So UPC are in Eden Gate in force this evening !

Existing Broadworks customers are being switched over tonight and tomorrow.

I called UPC today and ordered phone, TV and Broadband (30MB!!).

Installation is this Thursday !

Glad to see UPC have their s**t together in comparison to Chorus/NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

loyatemu wrote: »
    what about the rest of Greystones then? We can't even get digital TV down here... :(

They will have to do something soon as i believe the analog service is being switched off sometime next year .

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Radio|Man wrote: »
    So UPC are in Eden Gate in force this evening !

Existing Broadworks customers are being switched over tonight and tomorrow.

Installation is this Thursday !

Glad to see UPC have their s**t together in comparison to Chorus/NTL.

UPC = Chorus/NTL IIRC??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Radio|Man wrote: »

This is great news! Two things though:

1. Anyone have a monitored alarm that is not eircom Phonewatch? If I ditch my eircom landline, is there another solution via UPC to work with alarm monitoring?

2. Will the Sky MagicEye thing work with the UPC box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rofy

Ok, sad news UPC did not wait for planning permission to connect the two manholes. As such there will not be any HD TV in Eden Gate, we have a dish on the middle yellowbrick apartment block that receives data signals. As such we are not on fiber yet.
    When asked to give a ETA they said they did not know.

Also they signed me up for HD, Phone and Broadband deal.

Well, here is the ****ty part, if you have a monitored house alarm that sends out a SMS to selected numbers such as M&J Electronics this will no longer work with UPC as the phone connects to modem not wallsocket.
    Secondly they seem to gladley put you on HD package deal without knowing that this is not covering Eden Gate ( take your money though ).

And last but not least you have to sign up for 12 months or there is a 100 Euro disconnection fee, so no one can move without paying, dont think so.!!
    Oh yeah and they sent out the wrong letter to the estate telling everyone to retune their TVs, boy was it fun on Monday watching everyone tuning their tvs.

Bah as usual in this blooming country nothing is painless!!!!:mad:

We ain't getting HD in Charlesland afaik. So if Eden Gate is connected to Charlesland i doubt you guys will get it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

eko wrote: »
    This is great news! Two things though:

1. Anyone have a monitored alarm that is not eircom Phonewatch? If I ditch my eircom landline, is there another solution via UPC to work with alarm monitoring?
    Eircom have a monitored alarm system via a sim card for those without a landline.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Eircom have a monitored alarm system via a sim card for those without a landline.

Thanks, worth a look. Though, I did take a look at a neighbour's UPC install today and the SD picture quality was (expectantly) poor on a HD TV through SCART, which is the only real connection on the UPC box (I think there's also composite.. boo!).

Quite disappointing; the sales guy the other day was pushing hard for me to sign up to the 85 EUR HD TV / 30Mb broadband / Anytime World phone package. From what I've seen so far, there's no HD television, so it doesn't bode well for the 30Mb broadband, right!? :(

• Advertisement

Quite disappointing; the sales guy the other day was pushing hard for me to sign up to the 85 EUR HD TV / 30Mb broadband / Anytime World phone package. From what I've seen so far, there's no HD television, so it doesn't bode well for the 30Mb broadband, right!? :(

30Mb BB and phone is available in Charlesland.

Just no HD.

If they offer BB in Eden Gate you will get 30Mb and phone if you order it.

Damo9090 wrote: »
    30Mb BB and phone is available in Charlesland.

Just no HD.

If they offer BB in Eden Gate you will get 30Mb and phone if you order it.

Thanks. Will give them a buzz tomorrow to get it sorted out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hi Y'all

I'm in Eden Gate, and I signed up to UPC Fibre Optic for Broadband (15mb) and landline, free phone.
    Seems a good deal, hopefully it will work out well.

B

Merrilady wrote: »
    I'm in Eden Gate, and I signed up to UPC Fibre Optic for Broadband (15mb) and landline, free phone.
    Seems a good deal, hopefully it will work out well.

Merrilady, could you let me know how you get on with the broadband connection please? Am interested in signing up with them too for broadband and phone (but keeping Sky for telly).

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Merrilady, could you let me know how you get on with the broadband connection please? Am interested in signing up with them too for broadband and phone (but keeping Sky for telly).

Thanks! :D

Sure, theya re due to call to the house in about 2 weeks to install - fingers crossed :D am keeping Sky too

Advertisement