Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playing while Scanning.

• 31-03-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I had no idea where else to ask this, but it's Xbox Live related so I'll ask here.

Am I able to play away online (like Gears of War or Modern Warfare 2) while my AVG scans my PC for viruses on the other end?

Will it lag my game up? Or is this a completely stupid question? lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    AVG will scan in the background but I wouldnt have it running when playing online.You wont get lag but you may get framerate issues it all depends on the spec of your PC.

lol I said it was Xbox Live related mate...I play online on the Xbox. That's why I came into the Xbox forum.

But you did sort of answer my question anyway so thanks lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

AVG is just a process on your PC, it won't cause lag unless its downloading some sort of update before the scan (which you can disable anyway). It might cause your PC to be fairly unresponsive (depends on the spec and what processes you are running), but unless AVG is downloading something, it won't harm your Xbox live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Rooney10 wrote: »
    AVG is just a process on your PC, it won't cause lag unless its downloading some sort of update before the scan (which you can disable anyway). It might cause your PC to be fairly unresponsive (depends on the spec and what processes you are running), but unless AVG is downloading something, it won't harm your Xbox live.

Thanks man lol

Advertisement