Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandal Hearts:Flames of Judgement

Options
  • 01-04-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

For those who never heard of this series before;Vandal Hearts is a Konami rpg which started around the same time as Konami's better known Suikoden series on the PS1. It had only one sequel,also on PS1,then seemed to have died as a series. Unlike Suikoden it's a strategy rpg but what it does have in common with Suikoden is themes of political war and intrigue with decent charactisation.

Anyway,it was released on XBLA a month ago and I just got it today. It's fantastic,the only 1200 ms point game I've felt was worth getting,bar HD Remix. I'm honestly enjoying this more than FFXIII thus far tbh.

Just thought I'd create a thread to discuss a very under rated rpg series and give this game a recommendation.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really liked the first game and the second was very good and I need to sit down and finish it because the story in the second game was brilliant. Really want this game as well and feel it was probably harshly reviewed since the vandal hearts series has always been simple but loads of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really liked the first game and the second was very good and I need to sit down and finish it because the story in the second game was brilliant. Really want this game as well and feel it was probably harshly reviewed since the vandal hearts series has always been simple but loads of fun.

You still own them? I was short sighted enough to trade them in,probably for some crap!At least I hung on to all my Suikoden and Final Fantasy games. The first game really was fantastic. I never finished the second and I remember it less.

FoH is definitely a great extension to the series. I'm making the assumption it's not as long or elaborate in general as it's predecessors but for ten Euro or whatever it's well worth it if this is your kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

god that brings me back.
    i still have a boxed copy with instructions would it be worth much?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got both these games off amazon a few yrs back,have'nt gotten round to playing them yet though.

Advertisement