Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Cannondale Dealers

• 01-04-2010 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, I'm currently in the market for a new Cannondale (caad 9). I've been looking around for a few weeks for a bike shop that sell Cannondale Bikes. I'm finding it very hard to find one outside Dublin. I live in the Cork area. Does anyone know if there is any shop in my area who do cannondale or do I have to travel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Doesn't look like there's any official distributer for Ireland
    Cannondale Distributors
    Closest dealership to Cork when you search is Fishguard
    Pity, would consider one myself if you could buy them here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Unfortunately you have to travel unless you want to buy online. Cycleways in Dublin are the only ones in the Republic that sell them but not though their website strangely. There is also a shop up north that sell them but name escapes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Unfortunately you have to travel unless you want to buy online. Cycleways in Dublin are the only ones in the Republic that sell them but not though their website strangely. There is also a shop up north that sell them but name escapes me.

You cannot sell Cannondales online or have them on your site.

I bought my CAAD9 in Wheelworx four years ago. Places can get them if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭karlmyson

They're very hard to get, and quite rare in Ireland. Cycleways in Dublin is probably the best bet here, but they're pricey. I live in Cork too and ride a 5-yr old Cannondale R1000 which I bought on ebay. It still looks and rides brilliantly and people frequently think it's a new bike. They do make the best alu frames imo. Still very happy with it. I've been thinking about an upgrade for a couple of years but I really just don't know what to buy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The one up North is Dave Kanes on the Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Toomster

Thanks Guys, no wonder I see so few of these bikes on the road here. Cycleways have told me that they are the main distributor in Ireland and will have the caad 9 105 coming in in a few weeks. I'm waiting on a price. I will be availing of the Cycle to Work scheme so will have to buy in Ireland. Cycleways looks like my only option unless I find another store that will get one in for me. The problem I have is that I really would love to have this bike, my research tells me that it is the best alu bike on the market for the price. My heart says go for it. My head says "hold on" I live in Cork the shop is in Dublin. What if I have a problem with it. Will my local bike shop be able to sort me out. Any advice?
    p.s. will let you know the price when they get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Toomster wrote: »
    I will be availing of the Cycle to Work scheme so will have to buy in Ireland.
    There is no such restriction in the scheme; unless your employer has this limitation. Even some employers (such as the civil service) with an approved list include a couple of UK retailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

There is no such restriction in the scheme; unless your employer has this limitation. Even some employers (such as the civil service) with an approved list include a couple of UK retailers.
    some employers will make you use a middleman like biketowork.ie to cut down on the admin they have to do - mine did so I couldn't use online suppliers as I was limited to those shops registered with biketowork.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Maybe Cycleways will post it to ya? Have a serious look at the Cannondale Six 105 if you'll stretch your budget a bit more.

Must check with my employer regarding btw scheme. Haven't done too much research on that side of things yet. Was under the impression that it was only dealers in Ireland that qualified. Thanks for the imput on that.

Anyway Cycleways have been back on with price etc

Caad 9

With 105 its €1,499 and with Tiagra its €1,199.

There is a lifetime warranty on the frame and fork and 2 years on components.

I will be going with the 105. Both Evan Cycles UK and Dave Keane up North do it for £1299.99 which translates to being about €30 cheaper

cannondale-caad-9-105-compact-2010-road-bike.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Worth seeing if a good local shop can order one in. It might be no more expensive, and you'll have a better relationship for servicing and warranty issues.

Maybe Cycleways will post it to ya? Have a serious look at the Cannondale Six 105 if you'll stretch your budget a bit more.

Would really love to but my budget is overstretched as it is.

Lumen wrote: »
    Worth seeing if a good local shop can order one in. It might be no more expensive, and you'll have a better relationship for servicing and warranty issues.

Yes, that would be preferable. I will try them all in the next few weeks. Haven't committed to cycleways yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Toomster wrote: »
    I will be going with the 105. Both Evan Cycles UK and Dave Keane up North do it for £1299.99 which translates to being about €30 cheaper
    A €30 saving really is negligible. I would go with Cycleways if they are only €30 more expensive. A bit surprised there is a €300 difference between the Tiagra and 105- are there other spec differences between the bikes?

blorg wrote: »
    A bit surprised there is a €300 difference between the Tiagra and 105- are there other spec differences between the bikes?

Ya it would appear that there are a few other spec differences

TIAGRA

Frame:CAAD 9 BB30
    Fork:Cannondale Ultra Carbon
    Front Derailleur:Shimano Tiagra
    Rear Derailleur:Shimano Tiagra
    Shifters:Shimano Tiagra
    Chainset:Shimano Tiagra
    Chainrings:34/50 tooth chainrings
    Bottom Bracket:Shimano Tiagra with adapter
    Cassette:Shimano HG-50 12-25 tooth
    Chain:Shimano HG-53Front