Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slippery pavements

Options
  • 01-04-2010 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else find the new paving in town to be dangerously slippery after rain? I nearly slipped five times today!

Just wondering!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

simu wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the new paving in town to be dangerously slippery after rain? I nearly slipped five times today!

Just wondering!

Yes. Terribly. Nearly went arse over tit a few times yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Yes and its terribly reflective too when wet. Nearly went blind yesterday walking up Patrick Street!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Glad to hear it's not just me! It's quite deadly really. I was carrying my daughter in a sling too so a fall would have been really bad. Walking up Oliver Plunkett St I had to make a pointed effort to stay on the tarmac and avoid the paving as much as possible.

You'd think there would be safer paving options available for a rainy city - was it a bad choice of paving or is there no alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

It's the shinier ones that are the worst. Most of the slabs have a bit of grip but they have a different colour slab every 4 or 5 slabs which is much more slippy then the others.

Nearly face fived the ground a good few times myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Yes!! I've slipped several times :(

I was walking down by French Church St onto Patrick St about three weeks ago in the rain and I took some serious hopper :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

The paving on the Western Road outside of the Lee Hotel (Jurys) is very slippery, I run along there quite a lot and run on the road instead of the paving when I can.

Advertisement