Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

DICE doesn't want to charge for Battlefield:BC2 maps; EA can't comment

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

those evil bastards, how dare they try to make money. free game content is my right as an american!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not sure if this would even be permitted on XBox live TBH: Value have had problems in the past with trying to provide free DLC.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

In fairness, they could eventually do like Bungie do with Halo3 DLC. They charge for it when it is initially released and when the new Map Packs become available, the previous one becomes free (or similar).

With EA Games, there is a history of Free Big DLC packs ... Look at Burnout Paradise. Another EA studio (Criterion) released major updates for free - e.g. adding motorbikes to a traditional Car-only racing game.

Maybe EA got burned by that policy, because I don't think their paid DLC packs for Paradise sold as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Maybe EA got burned by that policy, because I don't think their paid DLC packs for Paradise sold as well.

Well, TBH, the bikes were the best dlc for that game. Closest thing to Road Rash we'll probably ever get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

the DLC was free for BC1 so lets hope this continues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement