Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question for taxi drivers in dublin

• 01-04-2010 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

hello lads,

my question involves what happens if a fare leaves a bag in the boot of your car?

as I was in Dublin for top gear live at the start of last December.
    the taxi drove off before I could get my bag out of the boot. I didn't get his number-, but do have his name.

I was told to ring the carriage office in Dublin castle, but they have been no help.

what can I do now??

thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

hello lads,

my question involves what happens if a fare leaves a bag in the boot of your car?

the taxi drove off before I could get my bag out of the boot. I didn't get his number-, but do have his name.

I was told to ring the carriage office in Dublin castle, but they have been no help.

what can I do now??

It maybe worth your while to ring any taxi offices near where you got the taxi,might help to locate the taxi. Also report your stuff missing with the Gardai as the taxi driver may have handed the stuff in to them. Keep checking in with the carriage office in case your stuff has turned up in the mean time. Also maybe worth ringing the taxi drivers union, the staff in there were really helpfully when I called them about a problem I had. Hope this helps.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

hello lads,

what can I do now??

4 months ago and your only looking for it now:eek::eek::eek:

Carriage Office in Dublin castle is your only port of call if it was handed in in Dublin. Bad news here is that if it was handed in and unclaimed then it becomes the Taxi Driver's do do as he wishes after 6 weeks so it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

Hamndegger wrote: »
    4 months ago and your only looking for it now:eek::eek::eek:

hi,

I rang the carriage office that day, again on the Monday morning, the following Monday morning , 21/12/09, 9/1/10, 30/1/10, 16/2/10, 3/3/10.

found the person on the other end of the line not helpful at all.

as I said I have the name of the driver, but was told there was nothing that could be done, as they could not be sure that it was him that drove me.

Advertisement