Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 9/Round 10. 1st-5th Apr.Easter Weekend.

Options
  • 01-04-2010 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Thursday, 01 April 2010

Crusaders v Harlequins, 19:30
    Leeds v Bradford, 20:00 *SS1*

Friday, 02 April 2010

Huddersfield v Catalans Dragons, 19:00
    Hull KR v Hull, 12:45 *SS1*
    St Helens v Wigan, 15:00 *SS1*
    Wakefield v Castleford, 19:30
    Warrington v Salford, 15:00

Monday, 05 April 2010

Bradford v Crusaders, 15:00
    Castleford v St Helens, 15:30
    Catalans Dragons v Leeds, 17:30 *SS1*
    Harlequins v Hull KR, 14:00
    Hull v Warrington, 15:15
    Salford v Huddersfield, 15:00
    Wigan v Wakefield, 15:00

Is there such a thing as too much rugby? Guess we're about to find out...Some absolute pearlers over this Easter weekend. The W.Yorks derby, the Hull derby, and perhaps one of the most mouth watering clashes all season; Saints v Wigan. No doubt doofer, you'll be targeting a win tonight? Not a fan of the congested Easter period, think it asks too much of players/squads...God knows how many Leeds will have left standing by monday evening. Probably have to field an academy side next week!.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

It's not ideal for player welfare but it's bloody exciting!

Saints v Wigan (last ever Derby at Knowsley Road) is going to be a monster!

A good 8 days over Easter can make or break seasons... Sky+ will be working hard for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Anyone recommen a place in Dublin city centre that will show the Bulls-Rhinos tonight? Usually struggle to get a place to show it plus Liverpool are playing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

AdeT wrote: »
    It's not ideal for player welfare but it's bloody exciting!

Saints v Wigan (last ever Derby at Knowsley Road) is going to be a monster!

A good 8 days over Easter can make or break seasons... Sky+ will be working hard for me

+1. Easter tends to benefit teams going into it with a healthy, strong squad, particularly in the forwards but the Easter Monday games could throw up so big surprises (I hope ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

toomevara wrote: »
    No doubt doofer, you'll be targeting a win tonight?

Fingers crossed anyway, apparently you can get tickets for a fiver, absolute bargain for the welsh. I think it might be a bit early to see too many improvements for the lads, but games Quins shouldn't be terrified of. The only way is up anyway.

So it looks like Lee Smith could play against the Bulls:eek:

Soon be just like old times down at Headingley;)

• Advertisement

Unless its a lame April fool joke on Quins site, we have had a bit of luck, the game against Crusaders is off due to waterlogged pitch. So only one game to play for our tired, small squad. Best result of the LOOONG weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Unless its a lame April fool joke on Quins site, we have had a bit of luck, the game against Crusaders is off due to waterlogged pitch. So only one game to play for our tired, small squad. Best result of the LOOONG weekend.

BBC reporting it as well so would assume it's true alas.

What a game!!!

Lee Smith has landed on his feet with two tries in his comeback appearance.

If the rest of the games over the next week are as entertaining, Jesus' sacrifice was 100% worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

what a match, rhinos come from 20-6 down to draw 20-20. the ref was very inconsistent IMO. stuff he was letting bulls away with, he penalised Leeds for.
    the amount of times bulls were off side and got away with holding on was ridiculous. and Buderus got binned for and offence which was committed two mins later by two bulls players and they got away with it.
    fair play to the rhinos for pulling it back. Hopefully they can get theyget their season back on track.

Some match, think I'm glad no-one got the dropgoal in the end tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

I'm still shaking....dear lord, not the greatest game of RL technically, but by God if you were shouting for either team...superb evening. Lets hope thats the turn around for Leeds.....

As a neutral (;)) I thought it was a poor match up until the last 15 minutes. Leeds were dire during that period, shocking ball retention, poor skill levels, timid defence, they looked every bit their lowly league position. Bentham also lived up to his reputation as being the worst referee in SL presently, stifling the game and giving some bad decisions - to both sides:mad:

Then Sinfield and Maguire, who were abyssmal in the first-half, finally came to life and made a thrilling game of it, looking every bit the champions and in the end a draw was a fair result - though the Bulls will be very disappointed not to have held on to the win after dominating Leeds for so long.

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    As a neutral (;)) I thought it was a poor match up until the last 15 minutes. Leeds were dire during that period, shocking ball retention, poor skill levels, timid defence, they looked every bit their lowly league position. Bentham also lived up to his reputation as being the worst referee in SL presently, stifling the game and giving some bad decisions - to both sides:mad:

Then Sinfield and Maguire, who were abyssmal in the first-half, finally came to life and made a thrilling game of it, looking every bit the champions and in the end a draw was a fair result - though the Bulls will be very disappointed not to have held on to the win after dominating Leeds for so long.

Thats absolutely spot on, 100% agree with that match analysis.

What's wrong with the ref? Surely he knows if he's not going to protect a player then he's going to lash out. ****in stupid punishing Lauaki for a wee knock when at least as bad is being done to him.

amacachi wrote: »
    What's wrong with the ref? Surely he knows if he's not going to protect a player then he's going to lash out. ****in stupid punishing Lauaki for a wee knock when at least as bad is being done to him.

I agree. They're throwing in 4 or 5 players to smash him...getting all over his head and then when the ref doesn't blow, Lauaki defends himself. Twice Newton was dragging on his scrum cap and no call by the ref. I'm all for them getting stuck in but Lauaki's getting some nasty treatment.

And Vella had the cheek to ask for consistency from the ref...

LOL at the steal from the scrum, love when that happens.

The london sinking ship carries on sinking. Well and truly routed. Oh well, onto the next round.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    The london sinking ship carries on sinking. Well and truly routed. Oh well, onto the next round.

Not the only team to be well and truly routed (again) :(

Easter fixtures always throw up crazy results, wouldn't read too much into 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Good win for the rhinos although they started to let Catalans back into it in the 2nd half. but the legend Danny Maguire can always be depended on to get that much needed try!!!

very silly mistake from Sinfield for the Bentley try.

Hopefully now the rhinos can get back to winning ways after a disastrous start to the season.

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »

very silly mistake from Sinfield for the Bentley try.

Yeah, totally bizarre moment...dont think I've ever seen such an error from Sinfield. Once again we were far from impressive, and had Bosc been firing on all cylinders I thin we would have been in serious trouble. That right sided defence is still too easy to breach, also thought as the game wore on our forwards were beaten off the park by the Dragons pack. Leuluai's ten minute excursion to the bin also cost us dear, discipline still needs alot of work.

Advertisement