Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions--April 2010

Options
  • 01-04-2010 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭

Not exactly spring like out this morning, light rain shower 2.5c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

Sunny with a cloudy overcast feeling, dry but could end up being wet, windy with a strong chance of some wind here in Rathfarnham. Oh and snow on the mountains,only 1 or 2 miles away that I cant bloody get too as I am still house bound......:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Heavy hail shower, still drifts of snow around after Tuesday's blizzard, depths in the drifts still at the 3ft mark.
    Looks like snow for Easter will still be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Speak Now

4c heavy rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fairly persistant rain now cleared. Showers on the way no doubt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Wintery showers and 6 deg

• Advertisement

Sunny and not bad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

0.8c, calm & sunny - Happy Easter everyone!

Will the temperatures rise like Christ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

mike65 wrote: »
    Will the temperatures rise like Christ?
    I suspect you are several (thousand) years too late.
    The weather here is cloudy,6 deg,wind increasing from the south west,4-5 at present.

Its nice in the sun but chilly enough in the shade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

Lovely day, 9.7C. Very low hunidity for here at 46%, dewpoint down to -1.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Yep and continuing to fall as well! Now 10.6C/-0.9C with the humidity at 45%

EDIT: Make that 10.8C/-1.6C, humidity now down to 42%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

strong southerly wind and light rain, cool .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Met Eireann radar's on drugs again this evening, with a wide belt of anaprop down the midlands. It's beyond a joke at this stage. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Su Campu wrote: »
    Met Eireann radar's on drugs again this evening, with a wide belt of anaprop down the midlands. It's beyond a joke at this stage. :rolleyes:

I agree. Met radar is not performing well at all over the last while. Once again, it is raining steadily here with rain rate averaging between 1.8mm/ph and 2.2mm/ph. Yet on the latest radar sequence:

109811.gif

the returns show nothing, once again disappearing over north Galway/south Mayo (1.4mm recorded between 7pm and 8pm at Claremorris) only to reappear once again exactly on the east Galway border eastwards, as well as in the NW Roscommon region. Exactly the same area as in the last belts of rain we got over the last week.

I am not sure, but I think met eireann calculate a lot of monthly rainfall from the radar returns. If that is the case, it is going to be way out both this month and last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy rain in Castlebar now for the past hour or so and a rumble of thunder in the last 10 minutes,a bit unusual from a typical system like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Just had a wind gust of 75 knots in belmullet. be the lord. quite a strong wind for april me thinks. maybe its blowing all the unsettledness away for the good weather that is coming after midweek

Quite blustery here in Galway with light rain and darkening skies. 11c.

Variable wind, dry, sunny earlier. Now clouded over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Windy and wet all afternoon at knock airport,some very bumpy landings with a strong crosswind! back at Castlebar now and its very wet,heavy rain.first time in a while actually that parts of the garden are under water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Lashing rain and very windy!

rhonin wrote: »
    Lashing rain and very windy!

Ditto, very heavy pulse of rain moving through here. 21mm/ph rain rate currently. Even a couple of mams visible to my north. :eek:

Edit: pulse has moved through and wind has died down to a nothing all of a sudden. Weird weather! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

In south Kerry:

Wind speed has dropped in last half hour from average of 25mph (Gusts 35mph) to less than 10mph.

Rain had just reached 24mm for the day by 8pm but is struggling to make up much more.

Temp: 8.3

P.S. Indoor temp in now a balmy 23c in front of a roaring fire :cool:

Edit: By the time I got up this morning the rain since the start of this event had gotten up to 37.5mm after some serious downfalls at about 4am. Sun shining here now tho.

Steady ran, windy night.

Sunny spells with some showers,12 deg

Bright and pleasant

lovely spring day,12 deg,sunny,light southerly winds.

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

overcast&no sign of sun(yet:()

• Advertisement

Cloudy,10 deg.

Advertisement