Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions--April 2010

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Well, its 11c here, with a little bit of hazy sunshine, wish it would go away lol as everytime we try and get sunshine its hazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glorious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Fine day out, a bit of that same haze that owenc has around here too though. Occasionally the sun will make a breakthrough. 13.1C at the moment, was up to 13.8C when the sun was properly out earlier

Well the Haze is clearing away now and it actually feels warm,its around 18c and it is windy,if it is not hazy tomorrow and it isnt windy then 20-21c would be a high temp..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

twas a lovely day here beside bantry bay.

• Advertisement

Watery sun, quiet.

Wants to murder that shorty haze because it was 13c and rising quite fast now it's narely rising!! I think some stations are faulty there's no way manchester can jump 5c in one hour and if so I am VERY jealous! Ugh why does today never work out for frigging sake!! **** haze!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

at last some sunshine,lovely morning here,light breeze but getting warmer:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sun splitting the stones:D

Yea and it's 19c here now.. only 2c and I'll be happy!! If wind dosnt come that is possible by 4pm!! yep lucky me 21c here now, lets see how warm we can get to tomorrow its ment to be warmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Met Éireann reporting 19ºC in Claremorris at 16:00, and Met Office 18.7ºC in Ballykelly at the same time.

NRA showing 18.9ºC at N56 Gweedore and 18.7ºC at N15 Bundoran as well.

Sulmac wrote: »
    Met Éireann reporting 19ºC in Claremorris at 16:00, and Met Office 18.7ºC in Ballykelly at the same time.

NRA showing 18.9ºC at N56 Gweedore and 18.7ºC at N15 Bundoran as well.

its still 19c in eglinton now, and 20c here, if tomorrow goes aswell as this id say 22-23c for here and if that comes im going down to the beach... does this usually happen this time of year whats the records??

owenc wrote: »
    its still 19c in eglinton now, and 20c here, if tomorrow goes aswell as this id say 22-23c for here and if that comes im going down to the beach... does this usually happen this time of year whats the records??

I doubt it's actually hit 20 or 21 degrees in Coleraine, or anywhere on the island. Official (Met Éireann, Met Office, NRA) measurements haven't shown it yet. The highest so far is only 19ºC in Mayo and parts of Derry and Donegal. Are you using your own equipment, or what are you basing 21ºC off?

I wouldn't worry too much about it hitting 22 or 23 degrees tomorrow either, the highest will be 15-19ºC (Met Éireann), or 18ºC in NI (Met Office).

According to Met Éireann, the highest temperature recorded in April (1961-90) was 24ºC at Valentia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bambi86

Well it is BEAUTIFUL today!!! lets hope it keeps up for the Summer!

I doubt it's actually hit 20 or 21 degrees in Coleraine, or anywhere on the island. Official (Met Éireann, Met Office, NRA) measurements haven't shown it yet. The highest so far is only 19ºC in Mayo and parts of Derry and Donegal. Are you using your own equipment, or what are you basing 21ºC off?

I wouldn't worry too much about it hitting 22 or 23 degrees tomorrow either, the highest will be 15-19ºC (Met Éireann), or 18ºC in NI (Met Office).

According to Met Éireann, the highest temperature recorded in April (1961-90) was 24ºC at Valentia.

i live in derry and it did hit 21c!!

Tomorrow will be warmer aswell.. theres a station in derry that reached 23.9! http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICOUNTYL2 You dont always have to follow them friggen stations!! good god.

Tomorrow will be warmer aswell.. theres a station in derry that reached 23.9! http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICOUNTYL2 You dont always have to follow them friggen stations!! good god.

Whatever about 21ºC, there is no way it was 23.9ºC anywhere in Ireland today.

Using Wunderground data is always very dodgy. There is no way of knowing whether or not the station was set up properly and complies with the professional (international) standards that the official agencies abide by. It's like saying the temperature display in a car is accurate - it's not.

That said, Ballykelly station (Met Office) in Derry recorded 18.7ºC today, one of the warmest places on the island.

The reason I use the official data is that I can see whether or not my station (well in reality it's a glorified thermometer) has a substantial variation from professional measurements. If it was 18.7ºC in Ballykelly and 23.9ºC in Strathfoyle (a distance of only 16km/10mi with the same type of terrain and equally distant from the sea), that's a difference of 5.2ºC which is more than dubious - it's clearly wrong.

Whatever about 21ºC, there is no way it was 23.9ºC anywhere in Ireland today.

Using Wunderground data is always very dodgy. There is no way of knowing whether or not the station was set up properly and complies with the professional (international) standards that the official agencies abide by. It's like saying the temperature display in a car is accurate - it's not.

That said, Ballykelly station (Met Office) in Derry recorded 18.7ºC today, one of the warmest places on the island.

The reason I use the official data is that I can see whether or not my station (well in reality it's a glorified thermometer) has a substantial variation from professional measurements. If it was 18.7ºC in Ballykelly and 23.9ºC in Strathfoyle (a distance of only 16km/10mi with the same type of terrain and equally distant from the sea), that's a difference of 5.2ºC which is more than dubious - it's clearly wrong.

Well when you drive through Ballykelly the temperature is usually 1-2c difference and i'd like to think the thermometer was presice enough in a £50000 car!!! I think 20c will be recorded in Ballykelly tomorrow maybe 21c and in that case probably around 22c here ,depending on conditions. How do you know what the terrain is like from Ballykelly to Strathfoyle? Is there anyway of finding were this weather station is located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Well when you drive through Ballykelly the temperature is usually 1-2c difference and i'd like to think the thermometer was presice enough in a £50000 car!!! I think 20c will be recorded in Ballykelly tomorrow maybe 21c and in that case probably around 22c here ,depending on conditions. How do you know what the terrain is like from Ballykelly to Strathfoyle? Is there anyway of finding were this weather station is located?

No matter how expensive the car, onboard thermometers aren't going to be extremely accurate. 1-2C deviation could still be accurate over 10 miles yes, but when stations are recording 5C difference (with one an official Met staiton) then the other one must be quite wrong, probably not the best quality station and/or in direct sunlight during the day

trogdor wrote: »
    No matter how expensive the car, onboard thermometers aren't going to be extremely accurate. 1-2C deviation could still be accurate over 10 miles yes, but when stations are recording 5C difference (with one an official Met staiton) then the other one must be quite wrong, probably not the best quality station and/or in direct sunlight during the day

Yes well i'm pretty sure it was 21c because both of my cars recorded 21c aswell as my thermometer thing.. my sister got sunburnt too, oh no haze is forming again!! NOOOOO, i guess we wont be warmer tomorrow then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yes well i'm pretty sure it was 21c because both of my cars recorded 21c aswell as my thermometer thing.. my sister got sunburnt too, oh no haze is forming again!! NOOOOO, i guess we wont be warmer tomorrow then.

Owen you can get sunburnt at a lot less than 21c, remember it's the sun not the temp that burns the skin. You should listen to the likes of trogdor though! In fairness they have much more expierence than you. What age are you 14 or 15? Open your mind and you'll learn a lot from these guys. Remember Weather isn't a competition!

Sunny, 12 deg, calm, not bad for 9 30am.

temp was 1c at 7:30 now its 12c!!! We are bound to get at least 20c today... i just have that feeling.. no wind and clear skies should allow for it.

Lovely morning. Like summer (not an irish summer obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

14.2c, blue skies, light haze & virtually calm

ok whats going on in ballykelly!! they are only recording 10.8c!! in eglinton it is 13c.. and here it is 14c?? huh... maybe it is foggy there or something? Typical on my last day off.. sunday is made even more ****ty!!! No way are we going to be warmest today! lets see what eglinton records.. friggen 13c.. typical.. i want 20c!!! Are they sure its that temp you can barely touch the roof tiles.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

17.0C here already,beautiful sunny morning with a light breeze. Warmest day of the year so far here today :)

16 deg and climbing wind slowly picking up (just checked the greenhouse 43 deg:eek:)

i want 20c!!!
    :eek::eek:

Meanwhile here it's nudging a beautifull 17c.

And for the snow fans out there if theres any of them left... I can see lugnaquilla mountain from here still covered in snow :)

• Advertisement

:eek::eek:

Meanwhile here it's nudging a beautifull 17c.

And for the snow fans out there if theres any of them left... I can see lugnaquilla mountain from here still covered in snow :)

yes theres snow up above me too...:) waa waa its still 18c here and its dropping. we arnt going to get 20c here!! even glasgow is beating me.. i beat everyone yesterday and now im one of the lowest..:mad::rolleyes:

Advertisement