Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting from one provider to another

Options
  • 01-04-2010 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a couple of bill pay phones that recently came out of contract. We've been having alot of trouble with our current provider regarding coverage near where we live, basically if it even looks like it's going to snow the coverage drops. I've been without service for the last couple of days and I've decided to port to another network.

How does the porting process work? Do I notify my current provider and wait 30 days or can I just go into one of their competitors and have them handle the whole thing?

Any advice would be much appreciated - cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Anytime I've changed provider it has been done on the day.

May have to pay to the end of the current billing period with your current provider alright but sometimes it's worth it. (Especially if they have a super duper new phone that you just have to have right now, HTC Desire I'm looking at you)

The switch has always been handled by the new network and I have never contacted the current one to let them know I was leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Thanks for that folks - I'm just hoping not to have to pay for line rental for the same month to two different providers.

From everything I'm hearing I should be ok.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Very good - that clears it up for me. Billing period ends next week so I'll make sure I line them up correctly.

Cheers again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

To cost the least then you'll need to give the one months notice before the impending bill day and contract ends then on the next bill day

Advertisement