Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League quarter final first leg: Benfica v Liverppool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

back to Torres and his alleged star fish antics. dont change the subject.

Sorry Sir.

:rolleyes:

What would you like me to say?

He was embarrasing last night, petulant and falling around the place.

Same as the United match, where he is a missed a couple sitters like the one last night with same antics.

If he cut out the shíté and concentrated on the game he would be a much better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Boggles wrote: »
    In fairness Torres doesn't help himself, he does his fair share of star fishing.

he doesn't help himself with occasional petulance, but that's neither here nor there.

you get the sh*t kicked out of you, you should expect protection of some sort. he wasn't even making a meal out of any kicks last night, merely falling over. he was just getting kicked, and nothing was being done about it.

Stevie has a tendency to blatantly dive; but I've very rarely seen Torres do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sorry Sir.

Same as the United match, where he is a missed a couple sitters like the one last night with same antics.

If he cut out the shíté and concentrated on the game he would be a much better player.

If only he was a model pro like his fellow pro Sir rooney, you never see rooney diving, giving out to the ref lunging into tackles, dam it to hell why cant he be more like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Sorry Sir.

18 goals for someone who has had the injuries he has had this season is a terrific season. yes Torres has been whinging a bit but wouldn't trade him for all the tea in china.

niallo27 wrote: »
    If only he was a model pro like his fellow pro Sir rooney, you never see rooney diving, giving out to the ref lunging into tackles, dam it to hell why cant he be more like him

What has Rooney got to do with Liverpool or this thread? :confused:

• Advertisement

What has Rooney got to do with Liverpool or this thread? :confused:

What have you got to do with liverpool or this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

18 goals for someone who has had the injuries he has had this season is a terrific season. yes Torres has been whinging a bit but wouldn't trade him for all the tea in china.

This is no defence for his "starfish antics."

If your going to insist on Boggles discussing that particular topic then the least you could do is do the same yourself tbh.

What have you got to do with liverpool or this thread

I'm a a member of boards.ie and have access to the soccer forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

jesus your opinions are so sh1t its not even funny. did you not see him working his ass off? did you not see how tired he was by the last minute of the game? did you not see him get tackled constantly and get physically cut into all game?

what the hell were you watching? do you just make stuff up in your head as you watch a game in the hopes of turning it into a valid opinion?

fukin useless at drafting up any sort of rational precise thought about liverpool football club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And you were asked if you watched the game

• Advertisement

I'm a a member of boards.ie and have access to the soccer forum.

Good for you, i think i have a medal here for you

flahavaj wrote: »

If your going to insist on Boggles discussing that particular topic then the least you could do is do the same yourself tbh.
    Let Boggles defend himself Flah. fair is fair. Torres is no diver. Will accept Stevie G gets up to it occassionally but Torres a good pro. Runs his socks off for the team.

Jazzy wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

jesus your opinions are so sh1t its not even funny. did you not see him working his ass off? did you not see how tired he was by the last minute of the game? did you not see him get tackled constantly and get physically cut into all game?

what the hell were you watching? do you just make stuff up in your head as you watch a game in the hopes of turning it into a valid opinion?

fukin useless at drafting up any sort of rational precise thought about liverpool football club

Funnily enough I didn't.

lads, there was no starfishing last night from Torres.

I have no idea why we're talking about it.

and why are my fellow Liverpool fans resorting to childish digs at posters? it doesn't help.

i'm not defending him, but if Boggles p*sses you off, attacking him ain't going to help anybody.

so it might be better for you to ignore him.

Let Boggles defend himself Flah. fair is fair. Torres is no diver. Will accept Stevie G gets up to it occassionally but Torres a good pro. Runs his socks off for the team.

Nothing to do with Boggles, SOTS.

Just think if you're going to insist on a particular topic being discussed then the least you can do is do the same yourself.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Torres is turning into Ronaldo with the amount of whinging he has being doing lately.

WTF are you talking about? I gave you an answer and you started talking about tea in China. :confused:

Funnily enough I didn't.

Run along little boy and play with your friends in the manc thread, one of them just got Rooney on the back of his shirt and wants to tell everyone

What "starfish antics" this is a discussion of the Benfica V Liverpool game on April 1st 2010 and Torres did not do any "starfish antics" on this date. So what part of has of his so called "starfish antics" got to do with this match thread????

Run along little boy and play with your friends in the manc thread, one of them just got Rooney on the back of his shirt and wants to tell everyone

Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Whinging and moaning yes.

Diving no.

What "starfish antics" this is a discussion of the Benfica V Liverpool game on April 1st 2010 and Torres did not do any "starfish antics" on this date. So what part of has of his so called "starfish antics" got to do with this match thread????

I actually don't think Torres is a diver, myself. Increasingly petulant, yes. A diver, no.

I was merely pointing out to SOTS that if he insists on Boggles talking about that particular topic then the least he can do is follow suit himself. Fair is fair as the man himself would say.

Edit: Ha, good man noodler, took the words out of my mouth.

Also poor stuff niallo tbh.

Nothing to do with Boggles, SOTS.

Just think if you're going to insist on a particular topic being discussed then the least you can do is do the same yourself.:)
    And i have said and other fans on here have said there were no starfish antics from Torres. Will agree that he has been moaning a bit but overall his attitude has been spot on this season. Ill say it again. 18 goals is a fantastic return for someone who has missed a lot of season with injury.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sorry Sir.

So, thats a no then, you didn't see the game? Hence why you are going on about a utd game instead.

Have to do better than that if you want to keep pace with your comrades efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

RasTa wrote: »
    Torres is turning into Ronaldo with the amount of whinging he has being doing lately.

Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but yes, nobody can deny he is whinging far more this season.

Anyway, we all get it, TORRES IS PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1, since Old Trafford.

Simples. He must pay.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

copacetic wrote: »
    So, thats a no then, you didn't see the game? Hence why you are going on about a utd game instead.

Have to do better than that if you want to keep pace with your comrades efforts.

You see, I'm discussing the game.

You like a few others are discussing me. Go set up a thread if want.

Fill your boots.

All i am saying as Boogles said Rooney has no part in this thread so why talk about something that did not happen during the game on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just ignore him. Simple.

We are all agreed then. there were no starfish antics by Torres last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What a good old fashioned bitter rant.

Corrupt officials. Lolz. :D

Watching the match last night the thought did briefly cross my mind that this ref was on the fiddle. But i know he's not, he's just a poor ref.

Nothing bitter about it Boggles. The officiating was extremely poor. That's just a fact. I know you'll argue against it on these pages because it's Liverpool and it's what you log on to do.

So no, not bitter. We'll beat them next week and get to the semi's. I was just expressing my amazement and the poor standards of officialdom in last night's match!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a nonsense post. Torres was a tireless worker last night. He got the shìt kicked out of him an amazing amount and he made very little fuss out of it. He narrowly missed one opportunity and maybe was guilty of not looking up and seeing the man in space on a couple of occasions. That's it. Considering that Liverpool were down to 10 and he got no protection from the ref all night, his performance was a good one. To say he was throwing himself around the place and being petulant is complete bollox. The fact that you hold that opinion about his performance in this match is embarrassing.

Pro. F wrote: »
    What a nonsense post. Torres was a tireless worker last night. He got the shìt kicked out of him an amazing amount and he made very little fuss out of it. He narrowly missed one opportunity and maybe was guilty of not looking up and seeing the man in space on a couple of occasions. That's it. Considering that Liverpool were down to 10 and he got no protection from the ref all night, his performance was a good one. To say he was throwing himself around the place and being petulant is complete bollox. The fact that you hold that opinion about his performance in this match is embarrassing.

Embarrassing me Hole.

His body language and attiute stank last night, not to mention the missed chances.

His manager evetually dragged him off.

I was a fan of Torres but his manor over the past while is quickly turning him into a very unlikely charactor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Embarrassing me Hole.

His body language and attiute stank last night, not to mention the missed chances.

I was a fan of Torres but his manor over the past while is quickly turning him into a very unlikely charactor.

he ran his hole off, and barely complained about the kicking he got.

nothing at all stank apart from his finishing. (disallowed strike aside).

he was f*cking knackered.

Embarrassing me Hole.

What kind of a character is he, an unlikely one.
    Well done on that

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Watching the match last night the thought did briefly cross my mind that this ref was on the fiddle. But i know he's not, he's just a poor ref.

Irony is the Ref is a multi millionaire.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Nothing bitter about it Boggles. The officiating was extremely poor. That's just a fact. I know you'll argue against it on these pages because it's Liverpool and it's what you log on to do.

It was hardly extremely poor, he got the key decisions right.

I don't here you screaming how he constantly let Agger get away with kicking and complaining all night.

Half of ye need to wake up.

Whats that 17th / 18th defeat of the season?

I'm sick of listening to ye blaming everything form beach balls to officials instead of actually focusing on what is glaringly ovbiously wrong at the club.

Sad.

I don't here you screaming how he constantly let Agger get away with kicking and complaining all night.

I'm sick of listening to ye blaming everything form beach balls to officials instead of actually focusing on what is glaringly ovbiously wrong at the club.

Sad.

Run along, thats a good lad

Run along, thats a good lad

Go read the rules, thats a good lad.

Sad.

we all know what's wrong at the club.

this is not your first time in a Liverpool related thread so you know this.

Go read the rules, thats a good lad.

You have made your point on torres, now go play with your utd friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You have made your point on torres, now go play with your utd friends
    Niallo i think this is the wrong forum for you

Headshot wrote: »
    Niallo i think this is the wrong forum for you

Really why is that, why are some people allowed post ****e and get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Because Boggles is the exception rather than the rule. There are plenty of level headed United fans who post in the Liverpool thread. I enjoy reading opinions of other fans, as its only natural that you are slightly bias towards your own club, regardless of how you try not to be.

After reading your last 20 posts I was thinking the exact same thing.

Go figure.

Tusky wrote: »
    Because Boggles is the exception rather than the rule. There are plenty of level headed United fans who post in the Liverpool thread. I enjoy reading opinions of other fans, as its only natural that you are slightly bias towards your own club, regardless of how you try not to be.

Ya i agree with you, but im the only one that had a problem with him, maybe if i had 8000 post i would be allowed talk ****e too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sad.

I'm genuinely touched for your concern.

Maybe keep a little for the plight of your own club.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cant we all just get along?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Cant we all just get along?

Impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yes your right lets change the rules, we cant have liverpool getting these kinds of goals, it was the same with the gerrard incident against Portsmouth, you do make me laugh, lets change all the rulessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It has nothing to do with changing, it's about clarifying.

Leaving certain aspects of football open to interepitation is fine.

Things like offside is not fine, it's far too important of a rule to be ambigious.

it has nothing to do with liverpool or any other team getting or not getting, it's for the good of the game long term.

Surley not too much to ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ya i agree with you, but im the only one that had a problem with him, maybe if i had 8000 post i would be allowed talk ****e too

Niallo27, you'll soon learn who to ignore around here!!! It doesn't take too long, believe me! Some like the constant arguing but most try to avoid it.

Whilst not a liverpool fan, I have to agree with many that Torres did get chopped about the legs a lot last night. I remarked at the time that he shouldjust get up and get on with it. I hated to see the way he sat sometimes and pulled up his socks but it was completely understandable, if annoying. Actually reminded me very much of Ronaldo
    He is however, so NOT a diver, to suggest so is ludicrous and just baiting other posters, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement