Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League quarter final first leg: Benfica v Liverppool

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

SlickRic wrote: »
    he doesn't help himself with occasional petulance, but that's neither here nor there.

you get the sh*t kicked out of you, you should expect protection of some sort. he wasn't even making a meal out of any kicks last night, merely falling over. he was just getting kicked, and nothing was being done about it.

Stevie has a tendency to blatantly dive; but I've very rarely seen Torres do it.

There's a player, one of the worlds best apparently.

He got kicked from one end of the pitch to the other his fans called for protection everyone else called him a petulant child, to grow up stay on his feet and play the game.

Why do liverpool fans not expect that of torres as they do of others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Cant we all just get along?

What he said, Peace this Easter.

Anyway Torres a starfish? can't say I noticed that trait myself (and I think I would have), he did go down in the box and looked for a pen but he was tackled, it didn't look like a dive to me. The benfica defence did a good job on him apart from the sitter he fluffed.

He certainly is doing a lot more complaining and waving his arms about this season but I put that down to the frustration at the abilities and performances of some of his team mates .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

ntlbell wrote: »
    There's a player, one of the worlds best apparently.

He got kicked from one end of the pitch to the other his fans called for protection everyone else called him a petulant child, to grow up stay on his feet and play the game.

Not the point, liverpool fans are concerned with Torres getting kicked and not with this "world class player" you speak of???
    Why would they give a damn about another team's player?

The Muppet wrote: »
    but I put that down to the frustration at the abilities and performances of some of his team mates .

Exactly, last night was a prime example.

If your the best striker in the world, in a all be it not as an important cup as the CL but still a fairly important game and everyone around you is putting in a medicore performances.

I would be frustrated too.

Not the point, liverpool fans are concerned with Torres getting kicked and not with this "world class player" you speak of???
    Why would they give a damn about another team's player?

It's called unbiased consitency.

Not much of it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Exactly, last night was a prime example.

If your the best striker in the world, in a all be it not as an important cup as the CL but still a fairly important game and everyone around you is putting in a medicore performances.

I would be frustrated too.

He scored a goal that was ruled offside through no fault of his own, even Kuyt, as it was that close a call.

Masch, Kuyt and Agger played reasonably well, or above.

It was an average performance and a good result, away from home. 2-1 isn't a bad result, especially considering our Away form this season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

It's called unbiased consitency.

Not much of it around.

But that's the beauty of football fans!!!!
    If it happens another teams player, fcuk them but if it happens to your own player, it's a travesty.............. I'd be the first to admit to it:D

No medals for realising there is usually a fair degree of bias goin' on, it's a given with fans
    Only occassionaly is it different to that, but I wouldn't worry about it too much

K-9 wrote: »
    He scored a goal that was ruled offside through no fault of his own, even Kuyt, as it was that close a call.

Masch, Kuyt and Agger played reasonably well, or above.

It was an average performance and a good result, away from home. 2-1 isn't a bad result, especially considering our Away form this season.

Maybe it's just building up over time?

not in the CL, not competing for the league, probably wont be in the CL next year, I'm just suggesting that last night and his more recent episodes of whining is a build up of being in a team that's at the moment pretty mediocre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Maybe it's just building up over time?

not in the CL, not competing for the league, probably wont be in the CL next year, I'm just suggesting that last night and his more recent episodes of whining is a build up of being in a team that's at the moment pretty mediocre.

Yep, that's what the Pool fans have being saying for the last 20 pages and most of the season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i do.

and if you'd watched the game last night, he did.

my problem with this whole conversation is that Torres didn't act like a child last night at all. he got kicked, got up, and kept playing.

he ran his hole off for the cause in fact, to the point where he had to be taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Enough is enough, is enough. Fcuk me but some of you lot would argue with a mirror if you couldn't find anyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement