Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs showing Leinster Rugby Good Friday

Options
  • 01-04-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anyone know any pubs on the North side of Dublin showing the rugby match (Leinster/Munster) on Good Friday - not looking for booze just somewhere to watch the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I don't know of any at all that will be open, on the north side.

From: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/landlord-to-open-boozefree-pubs-on-good-friday-2115527.html

The Dublin pubs open on Good Friday are: The Dropping Well in Milltown; The Goat Bar and Grill in Goatstown; The Orchard in Rathfarnham; The Oval and The Bank in the city centre. In Lucan The Lord Lucan will be trading and in Adare, Bill Chawke's and Aunty Lena's will be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Anyone know any pubs on the North side of Dublin showing the rugby match (Leinster/Munster) on Good Friday - not looking for booze just somewhere to watch the game?

Nowhere outside Limerick! Or Connolly Station if you buy a ticket to Belfast. It might be televised in your local rugby club. Some sports clubs open and serve alcohol on Good Friday - but they're not supposed to.

You must be new to Ireland OP - pubs are always shut on Good Friday and Christmas Day. An exception was made this year in Limerick, because of the rugby match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Terenure Inn - (Southside - Sorry!)
    No booze obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Book yourself into a hotel with a bar.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Thanks for the tips all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

The Star in Swords is open for food. Don't reckon it's a rugby pub!! but if they have Setanta they are probably showing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Unshelved wrote: »
    Nowhere outside Limerick! Or Connolly Station if you buy a ticket to Belfast. It might be televised in your local rugby club. Some sports clubs open and serve alcohol on Good Friday - but they're not supposed to.

You must be new to Ireland OP - pubs are always shut on Good Friday and Christmas Day. An exception was made this year in Limerick, because of the rugby match.

Incorrect.Plenty of pubs open,they just won't be serving alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

wow sierra wrote: »
    The Star in Swords is open for food. Don't reckon it's a rugby pub!! but if they have Setanta they are probably showing the game.

The game is on Setanta 1, not Setanta Ireland. Most pubs don't have Setanta 1.

Then again, there's football on RTE 2 (St Pats V Sporting Fingal) which many pubs will show.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

sorry for the stupid question, but what time is kick off and who's showing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Setanta Ireland have Leinster V munster on their schedule. I have only just realised its the 2009 game they are showing - I wonder if I was the only one fooled by it!!!! I suppose the serious Rugby fans would know, especially given the time!!!!.

Kick off is 8pm by the way. Setanta 1

Advertisement