Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology related April fools

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I remember when I was younger there were these wireless extension leads connectors for a regular ac socket on thinkgeek.com
    Me and a couple of mates had made a hut in some woods and it could have really done with some electricity.
    So naturally when I saw this thing for $69 I tried to buy it...

A sad day for my brain lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Came home from work today to a blue screen on my pc, kids had set it as screen saver and unplugged the mouse and keyboard. Rightly caught.

One prank I've done myself, hide the taskbar, take a screenshot of the desktop and set it as desktop background, then right click on the desktop and hide icons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Those Google and Razor spoofs are pretty damm cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Came home from work today to a blue screen on my pc, kids had set it as screen saver and unplugged the mouse and keyboard. Rightly caught.

One prank I've done myself, hide the taskbar, take a screenshot of the desktop and set it as desktop background, then right click on the desktop and hide icons

Dman is getting wise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody checked out the CLI on XKCD.com today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Anybody checked out the CLI on XKCD.com today?

Ohhh I like that

Anyone ever type "lol limewire" into goodle and click "i'm feeling lucky". Nice suprise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Here's one I came accross:

Pad Dock – the cheapest way to get an iPad
    http://www.techchee.com/2010/04/01/pad-dock-the-cheapest-way-to-get-an-ipad/#more-19610

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Bit late now but did anyone see tech power ups one? They spoofed an article about some chinese programmer making a cuda emulator that works on ati cards. I fell for it hard and went as far as to run the program in admin mode:eek: to see an april fools message when I tried to debug the compatability error on fluidmark :rolleyes:

Advertisement