Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FIXED] Port forwarding on new UPC Cisco router

Options
  • 01-04-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

I'm having some trouble getting my port forwarding to work on the new Cisco modem. I have setup the ports to forward to a static IP. The ports are 60405 and 8080.

I use Comodo AV & firewall (which is currently disabled for testing) and Windows firewall is off. The thing is, the ports are accepting locally (192.168.1.14:8080) but when I try to access them remotely (89.101.xxx.xxx:8080) the page just times out. I have tested both ports on canyouseeme.org but both show as timing out.

I have disabled all protection on the modem at the moment but still nothing is getting through. I use 8080 to run a small test server and 60405 is for my torrent (utorrent shows the port as working... little green tick... but the port is definitely not open). I have checked the conf for apache, but like I said it's working locally.

I just recently moved and I was using the old equipment up until then, which was working fine. I'm 99% sure that I have everything setup correctly but it still won't forward.

Any ideas? Would someone with the new Cisco router be able to setup some port forwarding and see if the ports are opening to see if it's just me? It's really bugging me. I mean, if they are going to give you a fairly static IP, why not use it to it's fullest?

EDIT:

Well, it's working. I had to recently reinstall PG and it appears as though it was blocking incoming http requests. Set up a quick rule and I am back in business.

Advertisement