Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway / Mayo Forum Merge?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We wanted to get your opinion on a planned merge of the Galway City, County and Mayo Forums.

Galway and Mayo currently form a 'hub' in many areas including the GMIT, and since we share a common border and experience many of the same issues, such as the weather, it makes sense, from a boards.ie perspective to merge the forums. This will most likely be happening from Monday.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Don't Care?

Should Galway City/County & Mayo Forums Merge 92 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    11%
    Wompa1bikoleexPopeBuckfastXVIepgc3fyqirnbsxDeedsieKittyeeTrixN1oneRylanalwaysadubReputable Rog 11 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    88%
    kayosHead The WallJIZZLORDsnubblesteSherifubrianthebardCrowdedHouseJammydSponge Bobcooperguyfish fingerssgthighwayfendmuffinmanMars BarethernetWurlyhomer90gaillimhabuDMBandit 81 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No
    It sure will bring a bit more life to Mayo forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

No
    Sure why not, I don't see the harm in it!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think it's a great idea - the folks on the Mayo forum might gain some civility and so on from us Galwegians ;)

It should only happen after the WRC is completed and we are finally reconnected after all those decades of being isolated from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Atari Jaguar
    I voted no because I think it could spell the end for the Galway county and Mayo forums. Galway city is a very busy forum and I think the county and mayo threads would get lost quite easily.

Mightn't be a bad idea to merge the Galway county and Mayo forums and even possibly the Roscommon forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

No
    s_carnage wrote: »
    I voted no because I think it could spell the end for the Galway county and Mayo forums. Galway city is a very busy forum and I think the county and mayo threads would get lost quite easily.

Mightn't be a bad idea to merge the Galway county and Mayo forums and even possibly the Roscommon forum.

^^^^^^
    Agree with this point s carnage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Atari Jaguar
    Galway / Mayo Forum Merge?

No.

I can only imagine having to witness discussions on whether Tí Bhidí on the nothern side of belmullet is open on saturday lunchtimes

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

April Fools right?:D

Good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Hi All,

We wanted to get your opinion on a planned merge of the Galway City, County and Mayo Forums.

Galway and Mayo currently form a 'hub' in many areas including the GMIT, and since we share a common border and experience many of the same issues, such as the weather, it makes sense, from a boards.ie perspective to merge the forums. This will most likely be happening from Monday.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Don't Care?

Are ye asking for our opinion on it, and then going ahead regardless? I voted no BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Atari Jaguar
    Starie1975 wrote: »

Good one.

Ah how the hell did I not cop on to that!!! :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

I know where this is heading. In a month the Region category will just have two boards: Dublin and Everywhere Else ;)

s_carnage wrote: »
    Ah how the hell did I not cop on to that!!! :o:o

PopeBuckfast wouldn't do that to us............would ya?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Atari Jaguar
    PopeBuckfast wouldn't do that to us............would ya?:rolleyes:

How could anyone joke about such a serious matter as joining Galway and Mayo...by any means :rolleyes: No by the way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Atari Jaguar
    While we're on the subject.
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/24214

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No

24214_thumb.jpg
    Fr Paollio — excited about the prospect
    of automated confession in Galway churches.

AHAHAHA :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Atari Jaguar
    Fr Paollio.
    The anagram is pretty obv. too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What is this mayo of which you speak? I know not of such a thing.

Or ... gee honey, I guess that's what mayonnaise is named after! (Yes, I really have heard a tourist say that).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Atari Jaguar
    City and County by all means , when the roads in the country were flooded last winter the megathread was in the city forum .....coz you could not escape the city till the county dried up.

But it was confusing.

Let Mayo merge with the sheepstealing froum !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Atari Jaguar
    But Mayo people smell funny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

No

Good one.

Rumbled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I sneaked across the border last Saturday, near Finny. Beyond the civilisation of Connemara things are, grim, very very grim. I managed to escape back across the border via the hills, and just by the skin of my teeth. A vaccination programme of some sort should be put into action before any of our norther neighbours are permitted entry :D

Rumbled!

Joke's on me. Getting married to a Mayo girl in Mayo later on this year. What are you going to do! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yep, as a Mayoman living in Galway heartland and getting on pretty well with the neighbours (except around Connacht final time), I am all for brotherly love and integration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Joke's on me. Getting married to a Mayo girl in Mayo later on this year. What are you going to do! :cool:

Her cousin from Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Atari Jaguar
    next thing they'll be wanting to merge the football teams, so the galway boys might have a day out in croker this year :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Atari Jaguar
    Nice April fools. :D

Atari Jaguar
    next thing they'll be wanting to merge the football teams, so the galway boys might have a day out in croker this year :cool:

In fairness, at least when we get there, we know there's a good chance we'll be taking Sam home with us ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

In fairness, at least when we get there, we know there's a good chance we'll be taking Sam home with us ;)

Ha ha. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Atari Jaguar

you'd swear john o'mahoney was still at the helm the way yer goin on!

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar
    you'd swear john o'mahoney was still at the helm the way yer goin on!

How are we going on?, i wasn't aware we were anything at the minute :confused:... also news flash, John O'Mahoney didn't win us two All Irelands, the likes of Kevin Walsh, P.Joyce, M.Donnellan did, a manager is only the last kink in the armour, just look at Kerry for reference ;)

We also have more then the two All-Irelands that we won under John, we have the most after Kerry and Dublin after all :pac:

''You'd swear ye were Football heavyweights the way yer going on'' :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement