Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Cement Truck Pics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Great Pics GalKiefer,

I thought the last pic was very sad, the lad walking away from his livelihood.
    It's disgusting to think what Anglo were up to and this chap and many like him are foreclosed.

Fair play to him for making a stand though.

This country is rotten ripe for revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

I see they brought two recovery truck to tow it away ? what a recovery truck for each front wheel .:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

How do you know that that is the owner of the truck? Would it not be some random guy walking past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Emotion aside and call me naive, I imagine he got a loan from them, with clauses, that if he could not make repayments / on time etc. etc......

So now he could not make repayments? Why the big statement? He got a loan from a bank which was big on golf ball expenditure. He chose the bank.

In the "good-times" if Sean Doe had ordered concrete from him and could not pay him, what would have been the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Well he had the keys to the truck, the Gardai took his details and he had to show the recovery company employee how to open the cabin door and the controls to switch off the mixer etc.

• Advertisement

yes , he is the driver of the truck he owns the truck and is a well known property developer in galway city . And no it wount be right to name him .

And no it wount be right to name him .

Why?

cause he doesnt want to , he walk away from press interviews from rte , tv3 etc , he just whats to make apoint he said , so others will make there voices heard .

Well, someone will name him. There's not many well known property developers with curly faces.

P4010177.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Fair play to him. We need more like him!

• Advertisement

Fair play to him. We need more like him!

Why? More like what? We had enough of them to bring us to this state.

If you want everyone to take a public disruptive stand, do we want the tradespeople owed by developers to deface their installations?

Do we want the potential homebuyers who payed deposits on unfinished developments to take the stand against the developers and destroy the properties with cryptic graffiti?

The developers and the banks were all in it together, with a blind eye from regulators, who were appointed by the politicians "we" voted in.

Their is no statement from the person that parked this truck to say what exactly their issue is. In the absence of that I have to presume that they are unable to make repayments on commitments they made, because people were no longer able to afford heavily inflated properties and make payments on same, to the same banks that funded his cement truck.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Why? More like what? We had enough of them to bring us to this state.
    Why? Would you rather we put billions of our hard earned to bail out the banks without a blink of our eyes? There are thousands if not millions in this country who do not want to just roll over and accept this. If someone wants to make a protest when their property is being repossessed by the likes of Anglo then let them - it is their right to do so.
    Andrea B. wrote:
    If you want everyone to take a public disruptive stand, do we want the tradespeople owed by developers to deface their installations?

Do we want the potential homebuyers who payed deposits on unfinished developments to take the stand against the developers and destroy the properties with cryptic graffiti?

If I said yes, will it make you feel better?
    Andrea B. wrote:
    The developers and the banks were all in it together, with a blind eye from regulators, who were appointed by the politicians "we" voted in.

Their is no statement from the person that parked this truck to say what exactly their issue is. In the absence of that I have to presume that they are unable to make repayments on commitments they made, because people were no longer able to afford heavily inflated properties and make payments on same, to the same banks that funded his cement truck.......

The banks were - quite literally throwing money at developers. I'll give you an example. I applied for a credit card a few years ago and they gave me an 11k limit against my will. I told them I do not want anything more than a 3k limit and they were all smiles and refused to reduce my limit. They gave me more money to entice me to get into more debt with them.

This is common practice and they did this to everyone, so I don't buy that the developers were "in it" with the banks. The banks threw money at them, sometimes forcefully.

The banks were - quite literally throwing money at developers. I'll give you an example. I applied for a credit card a few years ago and they gave me an 11k limit against my will. I told them I do not want anything more than a 3k limit and they were all smiles and refused to reduce my limit. They gave me more money to entice me to get into more debt with them.

This is common practice and they did this to everyone, so I don't buy that the developers were "in it" with the banks. The banks threw money at them, sometimes forcefully.

I was asked to invest in Bulgaria. "A sure winner". I did not run with it. I was asked to take more money with my mortgage. I didn't. I could have remortgaged and bought a new 4x4. I didn't.

I was saying in 2005 that it was all going to end in tears and advising anyone I knew trying to get on property ladder, not to. i explained the "plumbing" of the economics (half the country robbing each other) There are a few thanking me.

So the banks forced money down peoples throats? Once they were over 18 years old, I see no reason why they are not culpable for spending (swallowing) the money.

Edit/PS: Nor did I buy Eircom shares when they were being "forced" upon me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Andrea B. wrote: »
    So the banks forced money down peoples throats?

Are you expecting us educated citizens to be prudent & responsible??

That's a tall order in a society where we expect the government to hold our hands through life, to the extent of telling us, for instance, what to wear on a bicycle when it's cold (http://bikeweek.ie/cycling-tips#What_about_cold_weather_)

All aboard...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Rylan wrote: »
    Most of the staff in there had nothing to do with the corruption at Anglo. They are just doing their job and getting a wage out of it.

You could say they were just following orders :D:D

Where do you think all the big devlopers in galway got there loans , anlgo brought them out on golfing junkes and the galway races was very comon place . Anglo would ring up companys begging them to do bussines with them .
    Hard to feel sorry for them .:(

Advertisement