Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route to Enniscrone + where to watch football on Saturday

Options
  • 01-04-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

So what's the best way to get to Enniscrone from Dublin direction? All the same road as far as Longford as far as I can see, but then you can go by either the N5 (towards Ballina) or the N4 (towards Sligo and down the N59)

What would people recommend?

Also, what's the best pub in Ennicrone to watch the football in on Saturday around lunchtime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

In my opinion, sticking to the N4 heading for Sligo would be your best bet. It's a better road and you'll get to see more of beautiful Sligo than Mayo :D. As for watching sports, I'd say CPs is your best bet (if it's still called that! It changes name so often it's hard to keep track!!) Have a nice time, I was in Enniscrone this morning and it was beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Try Gilroys for the footie, 3 different TVs, catering for all tastes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

ya head to colloney(sligo direction)then on the n59 through ballisadre skreen dromore west then enniscrone and you will get the footbal in any of the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

deffo agree re N4 N59 but to watch the footie would prefer a boozer like Ropers opposite the church and woudl generally do one half of the match in there and one half in Gilroys. For food you cannot beat the Pilot - no TV in there but food is outstanding for the price.

Advertisement