Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGMT Back in Dublin

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

MGMT are back in Dublin in September playing the Olympia on the 16th. Tickets are on sale next Friday. I better set the alarm for early

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Was at the gig in the Academy a few weeks ago & it was dreadful. So I'll be avoiding it.

Hope they improve cause I'm sure it will sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Awful live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Dreadful. These guys really are as bad as people make them out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

wow can't believe i'm reading this, MGMT played an amazing gig at the academy. Each song from their first album was played perfectly, perfect harmonies and they're well able to play their instruments. Granted its difficult to get excited when a band showcases songs that you don't know,but bands general don't like doing that anyway due to lack of reaction from the crowd. The downside of the gig was that they played "Kids" over a backing track at the end,very disappointed.but this was my only complaint.

Not picking a fight here or anything, but would like to know why you thought it was a bad gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

There's a thread about the last gig. Check it out. No point covering old ground again. Went to see Yeasayer about 2 weeks before MGMT, they were much better. They interacted with the crowd more, there were no drunken teenagers (granted not MGMT's fault), better mix of old and new that kept the crowd's attention so we could actually hear their new songs (and not the people who lose interest easily), and there were no karaoke surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

mal1 wrote: »
    There's a thread about the last gig. Check it out. No point covering old ground again. Went to see Yeasayer about 2 weeks before MGMT, they were much better. They interacted with the crowd more, there were no drunken teenagers (granted not MGMT's fault), better mix of old and new that kept the crowd's attention so we could actually hear their new songs (and not the people who lose interest easily), and there were no karaoke surprises.

age has nothing to do with it but yes I am over 16.each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Rosie_McRose

Does anybody know anything about pre-sales link for the Irish gig? The fan website has a link to the UK shows and the Irish one isn't listed there.
    If I don't get tickets this time I'll be raging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Rosie_McRose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I wanted to buy MGMT ticket for the last gig, but sadly they sold out the day I was going to pick one up. Heard from many people they are crap live but I will judge that for myself, maybe these people didn't go to hear the wonderful music MGMT play.

Listened to Congratulations the album and it is also brilliant. Getting a crowd to go from here so should be a great day, get my tickets Friday or something :).

I have never been disappointed with a band I love at a concert, I just don't think it's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Has anyone been able to buy presale tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Cionád wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to buy presale tickets?

Yes. I used the link from 2 posts above yesterday around 1pm and ordered 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Tickets are also on sale for the friday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Presale wouldn't work for me.

Got them this morning for Thursday though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Saw them in Sydney 2 nights ago

Agreed that they're not a very good live band.

Might as well have just stayed at home and listened to the CD

Good songs though :)

Paid 40euro for ticket yesterday, AFAIK it is waiting for me to collect..How much standing tickets where there available? Thats what I went for..

P.S chilling to there new album and it is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

is it sold out?

foundry wrote: »
    is it sold out?

Yep and I didnt even get myself a god damn standing ticket :mad:

Lad says they where sold out in a minute for standing :mad:

Head gonna go :(

It's not sold out. Tickets for Friday Sep 17 are still available throught ticketmaster.ie (even ground floor standing). :)
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800447AD2204B98?artistid=964455&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Mod edit: Sorry no ticket swaps/selling, try adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Out of curiosity, anyone know who the support is this time round? Not too enthused about going to see them again after the woeful Academy gig but a friend has a spare ticket going so might as well join him. I just hope "At last, an atlas" aren't supporting again, they were pretty bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Just wanted to bump this thread.

Is this and 18+ gig? I know the gigs in the Olympia generally are, but I couldn't find anything on Ticket Master. Would love to bring my sister to this, she's a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Stark wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, anyone know who the support is this time round? Not too enthused about going to see them again after the woeful Academy gig but a friend has a spare ticket going so might as well join him. I just hope "At last, an atlas" aren't supporting again, they were pretty bland.

from the Olympias facebook page - SPECTRUM supporting each night.

anyone know if these are worth a look?

Think so.

They're fronted by Peter Kembler aka Sonic Boom who worked as producer for "Congratulations": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Kember

Léan wrote: »
    Just wanted to bump this thread.

Is this and 18+ gig? I know the gigs in the Olympia generally are, but I couldn't find anything on Ticket Master. Would love to bring my sister to this, she's a big fan.

Anyone?

Léan wrote: »
    Anyone?

as far as I know from the many gigs I attended here, it is usually stated on the ticket when a gig is 18+. No such remark on the MGMT tickets (I just doublechecked). But no guarantee for this, don't blame me if younger people are denied to access!

sabrewulf wrote: »
    as far as I know from the many gigs I attended here, it is usually stated on the ticket when a gig is 18+. No such remark on the MGMT tickets (I just doublechecked). But no guarantee for this, don't blame me if younger people are denied to access!

Cheers! Don't have the tickets yet so couldn't check myself :) Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 connexion

from the Olympias facebook page - SPECTRUM supporting each night.

anyone know if these are worth a look?

Personally I reckon MGMT should be supporting Spectrum.

mgmt and spectrum at the dome finsbury park feb 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIToqGBsVU

What time do you reckon SPECTRUM will be on stage at? I had planned to head in around 8pm but I'd like to make sure I see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Stark wrote: »
    What time do you reckon SPECTRUM will be on stage at? I had planned to head in around 8pm but I'd like to make sure I see them.

I was going to ask the same thing. Doors are at 7.00 right?
    It'sll prob be 8.00 by the time I get in. What time do you think the main act will be on? 9.00?

Advertisement