Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGMT Back in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Main acts usually come on between 9 - 9 30.

Unless you are at a Guns n Roses gig of course :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 connexion

I just rang box office - Spectrum are on at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Main acts usually come on between 9 - 9 30.

Unless you are at a Guns n Roses gig of course :pac:

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Can you walk in just before the main act? Not pushed about Spectrum, rather get an extra pint or two in before heading to the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

For a band known to be pretty poor live I thought the show was great tonight. 2nd row in the circle, great sound and view.. was told the sound in standing wasn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I thought the sound from the seated area was very good. Much better than the Academy, you could actually make out their new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ching9000

Went to last night's gig, and I must say I thought they played very well. Unfortunately, the place (where we were) was full of very drunk student types who were obviously there for one song - no prizes for guessing which one!

We were down in the standing area, had to move three times to get away from little twats shouting insults up on stage and falling over (because presumebaly they didn't recognise the song, as it wasn't a single from the first album).

Getting a little tired of these 'fans' at a lot of gigs in Dublin who go to sing to their favourite song and shout through the rest of the set. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

ching9000 wrote: »
    Obviously there for one song - no prizes for guessing which one!

Those singles off the first album are now bigger than the band as a whole, the curse of success I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Trap

What time did Mgmt come on at?
    Going to see them tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

About 9ish. They arrived fairly promptly, no "Guns and roses" nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

I thought MGMT were great last night. Really pleased I got such a good performance after the terrible two reviews of their other two gigs in Ireland.

Band seemed in good form, they were vocally and instrumentally on the spot, great mix between "Oracular Spectacular" and "Congratulations".

I was standing just behind pit, sound quality was good and I was pleasantly surprised that crowd weren't just drunken idiots.

I found SPECTRUM very weak. None of tracks appealed to me at all and I didn't feel band were particularly engaged with music. Also the frontman gave off such a pretentious air - "This is not a song, it's a statement" :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys gig tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

thought last night was amazing ! great crowd, great venue , graet song choices and being so closed to andrew ;) was anyone lucky enough to meet them afterwards ?? also did anyone think SPECTRUM were awful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Met Andrew and Ben just outside the stage door, Andrew stayed and chated with us asking did we like new album.. Took pics etc. really nice people.. Didnt get into gig though because i was drinking before hand but still it was worth the trip up and 35 euro just to meet the band:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Awful gig last night.

Met Andrew and Ben just outside the stage door, Andrew stayed and chated with us asking did we like new album.. Took pics etc. really nice people.. Didnt get into gig though because i was drinking before hand but still it was worth the trip up and 35 euro just to meet the band:D
    YOU MET THEM !:eek: I would kill someone just to meet andrew ! did you see them before or after the gig?i waited outside the stage door on friday for ages and they never came out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

First time I have been at a seated gig but I will never do it again. Upstairs everyone was talking the whole time and could barley hear the band, except when Time to Pretend and Kids came on, then everyone went mental - had to stand because everyone went nuts for these TWO songs.

sick..... great band, two great albums but the audience really ruined it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

YOU MET THEM !:eek: I would kill someone just to meet andrew ! did you see them before or after the gig?i waited outside the stage door on friday for ages and they never came out :(

met them before the gig.. andrew asked what we where drinking i says "its not your wadi its my wadi" then we all laughed and he stayed talking for a bit but they where going somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Great gig last night, fantastic set, Brian Eno was the highlight of the night for me and Siberean Breaks.

But... Like some have said, the audience did ruin it a bit for me. I was standing and the amount of absolute spastics that were shouting and texting was ridiculous, naturally they all went mad for Time to Pretend and Kids. I was particularly annoyed at the couple that pushed their way through everyone to get to the barrier then spent the whole set talking to eachother, texting and mauling the face off eachother :mad::mad:. Really rude.

That all aside, great gig, managed to meet the band afterwards and talk to them, lovely lovely lads :).

ugh mega peed of i didnt get to meet them :mad: is it true they played indie rokkers on the saturday :eek: from what i heard they have only ever played that song once live !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

If it was anything like this, then I'm sorry I missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCP5fm9hzGQ

• Advertisement
Advertisement