Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek TNG Movie Collection

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:20am

I bought this and am severely disappointed. The movies look great but the extras are terrible. Before buying all I could find was a Blu Ray review and that had all the extras (deleted scenes etc) from the individual special editions. I thought I would get the same with the dvd collection but apparently not. :(

Moreover they have released new editions of the various movies without a lot of the features of the special editions that preceded them. I know they are marketing them as "remastered" but I feel losing the features is a backwards step.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No dount waiting till everyone buys them, then we will see "Blu-Ray Directors Edition" being released. Typical marketing/profiteering strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

This is where I think the future of extras will be: download links provided after purchase. No more buying the extras as-is. Right now what you get is what's on-disc. Paramount should've squeezed all existing features on-disc but perhaps the films were fairly high-bitrate? Or, as another poster said, they're profiteers.

This is where I think the future of extras will be: download links provided after purchase. No more buying the extras as-is. Right now what you get is what's on-disc. Paramount should've squeezed all existing features on-disc but perhaps the films were fairly high-bitrate? Or, as another poster said, they're profiteers.

It's a 5 disc boxset and there's four films. I thought they could have squeezed some good stuff on the bonus discs but they're decidedly average. I thought the collection would have the same extras as the BluRay.:o

Advertisement